⊰49⊱

💫

Arthur knows...

...he knows Rose is of the Valentine bloodline.

This part hasn't changed. Mother said somethings will need to remain the same for the future to play out the way it needs to. Does that mean that Rose will be subjected to Arthur's abuse regardless?

No one deserves to be abused, not even the slowly melting ice queen herself.

Rose isn't weakened this time like when Laisha had poisoned her with liquid silver and nearly killed her...she might try to take on Arthur and not realize how this could blow up in our faces.

Think.

"Dot?" Grandpa Sebby asks me, snapping me out of the blank slate my features had become.

Shaking my head, I reply, "Sorry. Please take Wyn...Cormac is going to need my help."

"What's happening?" Marc asks, hesitation in his voice.

The Hunt isn't for two nights...anything can happen.

Fuck!

Think...think...

Manipulation?

"Dot?" Marc is urgent this time.

"I can't say for sure, I need to leave," I give them each a lasting look before the spiderwebs creep across my vision, Wyn nearly falling over at the sight he sees. I see Grandpa Sebby lift a hand and rest it against his shoulder, easing him while Marc nods at me, knowing there's nothing more they can do for now.

Dante's room comes into view through the castle walls, picturing myself there before I move across space and time. Exhaling sharply, True Sight leaves me, looking around the room I'm standing in.

Arthur has just selected Rose.

Grandpa keeps me informed, my gaze landing on the door to Dante's room. I quickly slip outside the room, maneuvering my way to Arthur's room just a few doors down. I'm familiar with the layout, quickly slipping inside before homing in on the closet.

Taft just selected Rochelle.

We're running out of time.

I step inside the closet, allowing the door to shut completely behind me. Stepping back and away as far as possible, I'll have to remain hidden and...

...stop Rose if need be.

I'll connect with her soon enough, not wanting to slip into her head, but it's unavoidable. If she tries to fight and somehow overpowers Arthur, it could cause a catastrophic chain of events to unfold for the unknown is the one thing we can't plan for. If she doesn't overpower him, he might very well kill her seeing as she might be more trouble than she's worth.

This has to play out the way it was meant to.

I've selected no one of importance to any of us...leaving my feelings out of this decision regardless of the past.

Thank you.

If he wanted to, he could have been spiteful and picked Warren for past transgressions.

Aohdan is angry and distraught, selecting another of his slaves.

Wyn is safe...that's all I care about.

I steady my breathing, waiting in the closet as all I can hear is the blood pounding in my ears. My magic is enough to cloak everything about me, erasing my presence from all others.