⊰17⊱

💫

A sharp exhale leaves my lips, a scream that I feel from the nightmarish dream...the same vision I continue to see, though can't understand. I'm not like my mom in this regard, unable to discern more than what's before me.

I'm shaking, sitting up straight, only to feel hands touch my upper arms and gently keep me from going insane. My mind is a rushing haze, blinking my eyelids multiple times as my breathing increases. I look all around me, everywhere but at who holds me from doing something that I'm unaware of.

"You're safe," Tresor's eyes meet with mine when I finally stop searching, seeing what's before me. He nods with assurance and glances to my abdomen before stating, "So is he."

"He?" My eyes grow wide with shock, shaking my head and reaching out, grasping Tresor's shoulders and saying, "I...Wyn. I don't understand. What happened?" My eyes beg him for answers in his calm features, "Please..."

Tresor is gentle as he releases my upper arms and grasps my hands, bringing them away from his body. What I felt...that wasn't just necromancy...

"Tresor, please," my eyes hold tears, for what I felt...

He breathes out slowly, rising from the edge of what I now understand is a soft bed. The room I'm in, it holds soft lights, the hues warm as if they are living flames. Orange and purple surround the petering edge of red among the edges of the room, seeing very foreign symbols, though more recognizable the longer I stare.

My long coat is set on a side chair, looking down to see everything else remains. I glance quickly to Tresor as he walks toward a far wall, his hand reaching out and touching it before blue sparks ignite and race through every wall connecting.

"There's a lot you don't know..." his voice trails off with a dark sigh, turning to face me, "...a lot your parents believe they know...yet if they did, you wouldn't be here. There's much to our old world roots and the gods and goddess that kept balance before their souls taking to vessels on the earthen plane."

"What are you saying?" I ask him, watching as he crosses the room back to me.

Tresor stops short of the bed and tells me, "You do understand that it is your mother and father who are vessels for the gods and goddesses that harbor their forms, beseeching balance on the earthen plane when those of a higher power cannot?"

"My mom and dad, they're-"

"Only channeled through in dire circumstances by the souls of gods and goddesses," Tresor interrupts me, stating, "if they were truly the beings they represent, they'd not exist in this world as conscious forms for long periods of time."

That can't be...that they're just vessels for when it best suits those who need their forms on the earthen plane...that would mean that all we are is to be used...

"Tresor...you've called me Thea once before, that I'm your goddess," my voice teeters off, feeling my heart being weighted down.

"You are," he lifts his chin.

"But I'm a vessel...if what you're telling me is true, why do I..." my voice trails off, unsure of what it is I'm trying to understand for myself.

Tresor sits next to me, motioning for my hands, which I open my palms. His hands touch mine, though they leave behind stones, one that's warm and the other that's cold. When he draws his hands away, I look at the stones in my hands, one as dark as an abyss, while the other gleams like that of the heavenly moonlight.

"Balance. Two old worlds...a god and goddess...set in a balance long ago. The Moon Goddess Selene and the Underworld God Hades, these two were a form of balance, until the darkness in this world began to spread and those who bore any trait to the darkness were separated by what was already feared in them," Tresor begins and I see in his eyes that hate and anger he holds for both, but he continues with, "Selene created the veil, but it would not last for long, because the darkness that was in Hades was not that of himself, but that of a dead god, time itself that plagued his being."