⊰13⊱

💫

"Dot," Grandpa pulls me into his arms, holding me as he says, "I don't mean to make you feel that way...I never would," he pauses a moment and releases a sigh, my chin lifting to meet his gaze, "I just...I believed you capable in this era when that's not the case."

Furrowing my brows, I slowly leave his embrace and retort, "I am capable..." I begin to list off on my fingers, "I found Grandpa Sebby, I killed Kirsten, I've resolved a rift between a misunderstanding with Tresor and you-"

"No, Dot, that's not what I mean," he then tells me, "you are more than capable of altering moments which I cannot...the only thing I can weave in my favor, is that which is part of my timeline." I can't help but scrunch my nose with my continued confusion and Grandpa admires me, "You're more than this world can hope for. You're a trump card that if it were just me, there are things I know I couldn't set right without your abilities. You're more important to this era now than anyone else because, without you, the situations might change, but the outcome would remain the same."

A few tears escape the corners of my eyes, breathing out calmly while I hug him once more. Is this really why I'm upset? No...

"I love you, Grandpa," I hold him tighter for a moment, his embrace comforting me.

"I love you too," he replies while we separate. He nods at the door and says, "You've had a very productive and long night. I believe you should get some rest...besides," he pauses a moment before he nods, almost as if he'd been debating with himself, "...I'm going to explain the very basics of Rose's heritage and perhaps she might be more open to allowing me to mark her on her terms instead of what was required of me prior."

I shake my head and head toward the door, muttering, "Nope...nope...nope, I don't want to hear what you're going to do."

"Dot-"

"Lalala, I'm not listening," I plug my ears while fumbling to open the door, stepping out into the hall before turning down to where the staircase is.

It's Rose who is walking in the opposite direction, her gaze landing on me as she laughs, "Really? So is every slave your master calls end up being a booty call?"

"If that's your presumption," I shrug my shoulders, tilting my head to the side while stating, "you'll be fucked into next week."

Rose is left with her jaw slack, her mouth opens slightly as she can't retort quick enough before I'm taking steps down the staircase. I can't stand her...she's a bitch, that's all she is! Everything from her perspective...it makes me sympathize with her, yet everyone else who's around her...

...bitch!

It's not long before I'm back in the slaves' room, undressing from the dress and putting on my sleepwear. I curl up under the covers, pulling them close to my chin. My knees are drawn up to my chest as I rest on my side, listening to the softly sleeping sounds of those occupying the room.

They haunt my thoughts...

...mom, dads, Edith...Uncle Marcus...everyone.

I just want to hold them again.

Tears fall from my eyes, silently keeping them to myself as I pull the covers up over my head. I miss them so much...

I wake from my sleep in the early hours, throwing the covers from my body while running into the bathroom. Slamming the door behind me and locking it, my stomach churns before I wretch into the toilet. My muscles spasm, my grip almost shattering the porcelain. Ten minutes pass by, feeling drained...breathing hard as I stare at my reflection. Brushing my teeth, I glance down to the sink, steadying my breathing. It doesn't last long because when I look back up at the mirror, I drop the toothbrush.