⊰48⊱

💫

I want to jerk away from him, my eyelids tightly shut as I attempt to block out the pain that rakes through my body. All he needs is a little of my blood...please, Wyn...

His heart begins to beat evenly, a sharp exhale startling me and relief washing over me the second his tongue touches my lip. It burns though, agony rippling through my muscles until I'm forced to pull away. I'm breathing harder than he was when I found him, gasping as I stagger back a few steps while crouching on the marble floor.

Caught in my thoughts, I don't realize Wyn is completely aware now...his features filled with confusion as he stares at me in silence. He brings his hand to the side of his neck, his fingertips brushing over where Aohdan bit him...but there's nothing left behind.

"D-Dot?" Wyn's eyes are wide open, his breathing coming short as he starts to hyperventilate. He touches his lips, my blood nowhere left to be found...

...except perhaps the lingering taste on his tongue.

"I don't have time to explain," I swallow, steadying my heartbeat and slowly rising to my feet, "right now, I need to you to remove any clothing that is soaked with your blood."

Wyn shakes his head with confusion, parting his lips to speak...

...yet he bites his tongue when I narrow my brows.

Wyn nods, hastily stripping his shirt, shoes, socks, and pants off, the nicest attire he'd been given for the Starlight Dance a slave can wear. Thankfully, his boxers aren't stained, but he turns away from me slightly when he catches me staring at him.

I roll my eyes and hiss, "I'm looking for blood!"

"Oh...I, I-uh," Wyn fumbles and I quickly reach out with my gloved-hand and grasp his forearm.

"Time to go," I bring him with me, quickly dragging him slightly behind as I weave my way back through hallways, heading toward the chambers that are given to the council members during their stay here.

Remember...

I stand before the rooms, glancing between the doors as Wyn remains silent.

"Fuck," I whisper beneath my breath, memory not serving me well here...

Grandpa, if I am facing the doors what room-

Dot...what are you doing?

Silence, I remain silent.

Looking to the doors, I take my chances and move through one of the doors...

...only to halt shortly after entering to see Dante closing the side table drawer next to his bed.

Ah...fuck, I guess I just recalled this one.

Dot?

He's going to worry if I leave it alone.

I'm saving Wyn.

It's his turn to go silent, but Wyn yelps the second he sees Dante, his forearm snaking out of my grasp. Dante chuckles as I turn around and grab Wyn, closing the door behind us while Dante asks, "Just where are you going, boy?"

"Dante, why aren't you with the others yet?" I ask with confusion.

He shrugs his shoulders and replies, "I needed to excuse myself as I received a letter that was urgent from one of my coven members regarding..." his voice trails off as his gaze falls on Wyn, nearly cowering against the door before Dante asks, "...why is he hardly dressed?"

"Aohdan basically left him to die," I turn to Wyn, telling him, "it's okay, please...calm."

Wyn nods, but it's not entirely convincing.