⊰Aeon Bonus⊱

💫

-Aeon-

I can feel them crawl, slithering upon my back.

Bickering.

Their altercations escalating, intensifying.

I perceive the magnification, energy coursing through the fabric of space and time.

Time...

...it is merely a concept and always the initial to fade.

They will never see justification and acceptance of what it is to change, to solely fade into Oblivion.

There can be no other outcome.

What mounts in a day plays out like a century?

Yes.

Too many clamber, selective species hardly noticeable. A breakdown of what they are and are not capable of, their limitations...

...amusing.

Anyone secular thing can be amusing for so long before it loses its appeal. A certain endearing quality must all but fade into utter darkness, Oblivion. Those that are worthy are the last to fall...make no mistake or confusion; they all will fall in the end. It is not a matter of if, it is a matter of when.

When?

Consuming cosmos and the semblance of Earth itself.

Little or big, things that change will be left undone, the end always the goal regardless of the journey reaching checkpoints until the last haul to the final destination. Attempt; try as one might, it is a futile task that often brings about great dissatisfaction and loss.

Awakening.

Slowly, softly, awareness falls upon me.

Consciousness...

...is that it?

Building and igniting, strength takes time to accumulate. One sudden outburst can walk the fine line between the difference of life and death.

Vessel.

The perfect embodiment for me in every way.

A rush surges through me, my eyelids blinking open as I stand before a tree trunk. My arms hang loosely at my sides, my gaze fixated on those continuing to argue. Power, that's all any ever wants and will stop at nothing to seek the higher road to glory.

Their endless undoing.

"Just stop!" Her voice breaks through.

Thea.

It's been some time, though I don't recognize the bag of bones and meat that she uses as her vessel.

None of this will matter.

No matter how many gods or goddess want to play on the earthen plane...that's all it is...play. They'll never experience the true power that every being yearns for, even them. For them to walk on this world, their vessel as the only connection and tie they have left...

...I made sure of that.

If Thea is here, there are others and that's the whole reason for this incessant arguing.