🌙ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣: 𝕂𝕚𝕟𝕕𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤🌙

Start from the beginning

--- *** ---

--- Flashback ---

"I-I don't know If I am capable of living in a lie but," The priest was seating in old Jude's office as a bottle of communion wine sat motionlessly on the cherry wood bureau with an untouched empty glass for alcoholic beverages. His trembling hands which were coated in scars after the murderous Santa Claus not only tried to drown him in the altar of baptism but also harmed him, lowered for the glass and bottle. "I won't let the pain consume me anymore." A muttered whisper in the hollow echoed in the desolated, austere dim light office as his presence wasn't all alone. Demonic shadows of the sins and vices stalked him by scrutinizing in each corner of the austere office what he's willed to do to dull everything that hurt him.

When his mammoth, creamy hand met the flimsy bottle of communion wine by popping off its cap as if his hand caressed a newborn baby's soft satin head by pouring in the glass mouth-watering red wine until it peaked to the top of the glass. His mouth salivated to savor more than anything the alcoholic beverage that he might never touch, even risk his vows and career as a pious member of the clergy, whose solemn vows were far from insignificant for him to accomplish and pursue his goals.

As soon as he slammed the communion wine's bottle by sitting on the bureau slightly lurching, due to his physical strength, consequently, Timothy grabbed the glass by chugged the wine within seconds as if he hadn't drunk it for ages.

The last time the holy man drank communion wine was when he shared a remarkable Friday coq-au-vin night with his rara avis in the kitchen as he offered to pour her some red wine, despite her response of convincing him she renounced herself from drinking.

Afterward he poured a couple of more glasses of the sinful alcoholic beverage until he passed off on the bureau as his head whammed senselessly, recklessly. His eyelids were as heavy as stones by shutting by themselves as they were no longer capable of blinking, due to the fact the alcohol commanded his body, even succumbing him to be unconscious temporarily.

Hearing yet the rejoining echoes of God by gradually losing his devotional servant to the cloth, whose nemesis was obvious not only in his actions but also in his manners as well.

On the one hand, the alcohol would aid him to overcome his depression and grim thoughts by numbing their inner whispers in the hollow for a while until they emerge all over again and continue their relentless assaults. On the other hand, his remorses for locking up the love of his life were unspeakably sinister and haunting him.

--- *** ---

--- End of Flashback ---

--- Back to Nowadays ---

He was chopping the carrots, onions and the baked potatoes tinier, whereas the water and bullion were boiling in the saucepan by supervising them at times.

All of a sudden, the middle-aged woman came to her senses as her eyes partly opened by blinking, opting to gain her average vision, compared to the blurry one that occurred just seconds after opening them. Hazy images appeared like old Polaroid photos to her by surveying the surroundings around her until the quiet inhales of the slumbering baby caught her off guard, and she came to the conclusion she wasn't alone.

In the meanwhile, the blonde looked down at her baby boy by giving him a benevolent, doting smile, honed up in the corners of her rosy-coloured, dry lips as he was nestled peacefully in the crook of her neck, collecting the necessary nutrients for an infant. One of her hands reached up for his sparse chestnut hair by lightly fondling it, admiring its softness.