Special Chapter {Sub-Story}

2 years earlier

"What do you think?"

My mom holds up another two pairs of shoes that look exactly the same.

It's always like this. Every weekend my family goes "out" to spend "quality time" when all we ever do is follow my mother around the mall, shopping, she likes to call it but she never even buys anything.

And every time I always try to find an excuse to stay home and just drown myself in sarcastic tumblr quotes and funny cat gifs. But today, apparently, my mother wasn't having it.

"We are going to go out and have a great time."

That's what she said.

I just nod, turning up the volume on my earplugs as I tune out of the current conversation.

Ah sad piano music, how fitting. 

I feel the corners of my mouth lift up slightly at my own sarcastic remark. Tumblr really has changed me.

I blankly take a look around at my surroundings, seeing unfamiliar faces pass by in a blur.

I wonder if there is anyone out there in the same situation I'm in.

Bored with life, boring job with crappy pay, having no interest in anything other than music (and tumblr), non-existent love life, and a useless talent that can't bring me anywhere in life.

So basically my situation is, my life sucks. And I'm not doing anything about it.

In the middle of my self re-evaluation of my life I feel one of my earplugs being yanked out of my ear.

"Jin." My mother says sternly, clearly losing her patience with me.

"Do I really have to answer that question?" I deadpan, putting my earplug back in it's place and playing more sad piano music.

I can see my mother throwing her hands up in my peripherals, she's clearly fed up with me and I can understand that.

I'm fed up with me too.

And just when I was about to establish how I completely failed at life... something happened.

A face in the blurry crowd stood out. 

It was like everything was in slow motion, who knows how long I was staring at him but I just couldn't look away. 

He was tall, black hair, pale skin, pink lips and small eyes...or at least I think he had small eyes since his bangs were overshadowing them.

He was average-looking. 

He was wearing a plain white dress shirt and slacks and was carrying a backpack. Not exactly a fashion statement.

He was also wearing earphones like me with a bored expression plastered on his face as he walked.

This is actually the first time I've ever grown interested in something (or someone) other than that gif of a cat saving a dog that I found on tumblr, the slices of pizza I've ever devoured in my entire lifetime or those dance videos of my favorite kpop groups.

Then time suddenly went fast-forward and he passed by me without giving me a second glance, just like that. 

My eyes followed him as he entered a music store.

I took small steps towards the store and quietly observed from a set of guitars, pretending to browse them.

I feel like a creep.