Chapter 2 "Late Night Chats"

Jin’s POV

I slowly wake up, feeling something vibrating.

I blindly pat my hands all over my bed, trying to find the source.

I groan once I finally grab my phone. I lazily sit up and open my phone.

It was 2 am.

Who the hell dares disturb me at this hour?

I groan and click the notification, having difficulty in keeping my eyes open.

Twitter notification…?

I lightly slap my face to bring myself back to my senses.

I squint at the screen, it’s light blinding me for a second before I read.

@Ga_Eul sent you a private message.

I groan again.

I get waken up because of THIS? If that’s all then---WAIT WHAT?

I look at the notification again, blinking a couple of times before confirming my unsure thoughts.

@Ga_Eul sent you a private message.

I blankly stare at the screen, reading the words over and over again.

Then suddenly, I feel a harsh sting on my cheek, then on my other cheek.

Okay I’m conscious.

I think before shaking my hand. I hit pretty hard. Good job me.

I take a deep breath before reading the message.

@Ga_Eul

“Hello there.

I don’t really know how to start since this is a first for me, so please bear with me.

I just wanted to thank you. You see, I’m not the most popular person lately, obviously.

And seeing your message, out of the millions of negative ones (believe me it was surreal finding yours out of all the negative ones. It shocked me a bit to be honest), actually made me feel better. Way better in fact. I won’t burden you with my personal problems but I’ll say this, I was expecting all the negative reactions towards my relationship but I didn’t expect it would be this bad. Like really bad. It all overwhelmed me. You can say I didn’t feel good at all, about the reactions and about myself.

And seeing that there are still kind people out there, one of them being you, gave me hope.

I just wanted to thank you for that. For your kindness, consideration and for accepting me and my relationship. Thank you. Thank you so much. You have no idea how much that means to me.

And I wish you a life full of happiness, because a kind person such as yourself deserves it. :)”

I actually tear up whilst reading her message. I then begin to write another one back.