Chapter Sixteen

Monday, I threw on mix-matched sweats making certain that I didn't look too ridiculous

Monday, I threw on mix-matched sweats making certain that I didn't look too ridiculous. I wore grey sweatpants with a forest green sweatshirt and my black converse. Landon, Madison, and Justin went beyond with their mix-matched clothes, as well as most of the senior class. They got a laugh seeing each other.

On Toga day, I absolutely refused to do it so on Wednesday for Athletes vs. Mathletes day I was a "Mathlete". I threw on a pair of fake glasses and dressed like a "Mathlete" in a movie would. Surprisingly so did Landon. I forget that he's on the debate team and though that'd typically be considered a school activity for lame students, he's still popular.

Maybe high school has progressed from these odd 90s and early 2000s love movies that I complained about to Madison before. There wasn't a thick line between popular and non-popular kids. While there are plenty of people who are well-known around the school, every group had their own kind of status.

For Throwback Thursday I curled my hair like they did short hair in the 90s and wore oversized bootcut jeans pulled to my belly with my fitted shirt tucked in. I had a black belt to top it off along with wheats that I borrowed from Madison. I got a lot more compliments than I expected, I don't think anyone expected me to get into it as much as I did. Madison wore overalls with a crop top and Landon wore an oversized basketball jersey with blue jeans and Jordan's.

Today is the pep rally and I am interested in seeing how the experience would be now that I'm a senior. In previous years we would know when the pep rally was starting when the marching band would play throughout the halls to get everyone from out of the classrooms.

It was tradition for my school to do the pep rally in the gym because of how cold it is outside in October. Since I've been here, they always have everyone sit by class so that each class can rep their year together. Being in the senior class we need to stand outside of the gym to be introduced in. I stand in the back of the crowd to avoid being trampled over.

When the doors open everyone swarms into the gym running to our seats. The most voted song from the seniors plays as they all shout and wave their class shirts. Our black class shirts have neon blue writing that reads "2021 Seniors Just Do It" with a Nike swoosh sign under it. One student has a confetti gun filled with blue confetti as they spray it onto the bleachers at the underclassmen.

There are chairs set up for us to sit by ourselves as the pep rally goes on. I make sure I sit in the back row in the corner. The more well-known and 'hype' seniors like to be front and center of everything and making sure our class isn't being boring throughout. I however, planned on being quiet and in my own corner.

Two seniors, one boy, one girl, are the MC's keeping everything calm and organized as they lead everything. One of the MC's is Isaiah who I now know is on the debate team. The other MC was Zoey, she wore skinny jeans with a cut-up class shirt, and I could see the underclassmen boys nearly drooling at the sight of her.