Chapter Fifty One

Game nights were nerve-wracking

Game nights were nerve-wracking. I have more time to do my extra-curricular activities now, so I've been putting my all into that as well as the senior project. I may have started to take my senior project a bit too seriously now. What is supposed to be a social experiment is turning into something I want to have for as long as I can.

"So, you let him dip into your honey pot?" Madison and I sat in my car after game night.

My car had been fixed for two weeks now. I didn't drive but my parents dropped my car off because neither one of them would be able to pick me up this time and because I'm not supposed to be with Landon, I wouldn't have had a way home.

"I did." The squeal she let out makes me cringe and I wonder if I should have told her.

"So..." She waits for me to tell her more.

"I'm ready to have sex with Landon." I put my hands over my eyes letting out a frustrated sigh.

"You sound so sure." I remove my hands looking at her.

"I am—but—do you think I'm rushing it? We've been together since the end of November and it's almost march." I sigh resting my chin on my hand.

"I think—stop listening to what your body is saying for a moment. What are your mind and heart saying?"

"That I need to stop thinking about it and just be. Let it happen when the time comes if I feel it at the moment." I shrug like it's no big deal but deep down these feelings were scary.

"In your heart, you know you're in love with him but remember love isn't all you need to think about. Has he told you if he's ready?"

"He said that he likes just kissing me but after last weekend—psh." I shake my head in disbelief. "He couldn't possibly—not—be ready," I whine putting my head on the steering wheel.

"Does it intimidate you that it isn't his first time?" I frown at the question sitting back in my seat.

"You think he and Zoey—?" I can't even finish the question.

"Don't be naïve Alex—of course, they were. You're not that territorial over a guy because he tells you he likes your hair every day."

"You'd be surprised what women do to hold on to the thought of someone loving them." I mumble.

"Lexie!" Jessie calls my name knocking on my window.

How did she know where I was?

I roll my eyes hearing her call me this and crack my window. "It's Alex." I grumble.

"You did amazing at halftime." I can see her bright smile and I soften up at her kindness.

"Thank you, your choreo is bomb I had to put my all into it."

"Well," She flips her hair smiling. "Thank you." I smile at her confidence and wave bye to her.

"She's right you did amazing." Madison agrees.