Chapter Twenty Nine

Christmas time, a shared love between Landon and I and we quickly bonded over the fact by going Christmas shopping together

Christmas time, a shared love between Landon and I and we quickly bonded over the fact by going Christmas shopping together. But with it being a week before Christmas break, I still get flustered with being Landon's girlfriend. Granted, our time together as a couple has not been long. I still have this feeling that's indescribable.... Maybe the best way to describe it is feeling like I should not really be with him.
He gives me public affection, calls me every night like we agreed on, but it still feels surreal. My parents still haven't formally met Landon's parents and I am trying to postpone this as long as I can. Hopefully until we can turn our project in. I don't want to rope all our parents into something that's based on a school project.
Madison and I are hardly speaking, I think this time it's going to take a bit longer for us to forgive one another but maybe the space is needed. I have hardly seen Benny; I think he has purposely changed his schedule, so he doesn't have to work with me. I saw him maybe once or twice within the weeks after he found out about Landon and I don't blame him, maybe our one-time kissing meant a lot more to him. I should have communicated better, and he wouldn't be so upset at me that he keeps avoiding me. With him avoiding my work schedule, Landon has been coming in on a few of my shifts and a few without me to grab extra cash and Mrs. Alicia has been so excited because of it.

We are doing Secret Santa at my job, and I have Mrs. Alicia. I am unsure what to get her, so I enlist Landon to help me find something being as though he has to find something for her as well. We go to the mall and the first place we stop is Pandora to look at charms for a bracelet that his dad gifted her years prior.

"So, who do you have?" I lean on the glass counter smiling at him as I playfully squint my eyes.

"Do you really want to know?"

"I told you mine." I shrug.

"Yeah, that's because you needed help." He laughs at me.

"Fair enough." I say before I look back down through the glass. "Maybe this letter A will be cute." I stare in awe at it taking it in. I look up and he's smiling at me.

"That charm is $65 Dria, the limit is $25." He laughs. I scrunch my nose playfully pouting as he teases me.

"But Lan it'll look great on her." I quickly gush over the charm. "It's so worth it." Besides the awkward feeling I get in the pit of my stomach I keep a playful pout on my face. He smirks at me and comes around the glass showcase and hugs me from the side putting his chin on top of my head.

"You buying expensive gifts for my mom, are you trying to impress her before I tell her we're together?"

"I still don't understand how I told my parents before you told yours." I mumble but he still catches it.

"Well, you didn't have a choice they caught me trying to kiss you." He snickers. "Speaking of... I'd like to be able to kiss you."

"Is this necessary?" I shrink. He shrugs and engulfs me into a hug. He showers me in multiple kisses on my face, and I squeal at his sudden burst of affection. The both of us are laughing in the middle of Pandora and it quickly stops with it being just me. I try and look him in the eyes, he looks past me blankly. When I turn its Chresanto and Chrestina with two older people walking by, probably with their parents shopping.