Chapter Twenty Eight

Going into the yearbook room again, I don't see Chresanto anywhere in sight, so I go straight to the teacher and introduce myself

Going into the yearbook room again, I don't see Chresanto anywhere in sight, so I go straight to the teacher and introduce myself. "Is it too late to join? I'm Alex Pierce and I'm a senior. I like to take pictures and I think I'd be a great fit for the committee." He gives me a sullen look and waves me off. I scrunch my nose up at his dismissal, he obviously hates being the teacher in charge. What happened to the older lady? Is the yearbook club this sorry?

"Go talk to her over there. She takes majority of the pictures." He lazily points across the room, and I see Chrestina glaring from across the room. I let out a quip sigh trying to hide my disdain in front of the teacher, not that he'd care anyway. As I make my way across the room I try and keep a blank look on my face while she continues to glare at me.

"He told me to come talk to you about taking pictures for the yearbook." I say with confidence. I wasn't going to let her intimidate me with her glare. I already told my parents I joined so there is no going back now.

"I take the pictures for yearbook I don't need your help." She holds her nose up at me and I return the energy by holding my head up and slapping my hand on the table.

"Well not according to Chresanto." I fire back. "Sounds like you're desperate." Her eyes squint as she's trying to find a response. I don't back down even though I'm desperate too since I've lied to my parents about this. My lawyer mom will do investigation if she even thinks I'm lying about this.

"Well... you shouldn't have listened to him he's a jerk and he just wanted to get out of helping me." She crosses her arms. I boldly roll my eyes and shake my head at her because it's clear they need the help with the slouch of a teacher they have as "help" and by the looks of all of their submitted pictures laid across the table in front of her.

"I've seen the pictures, help is needed." Normally I'd easily give up and walk right out, but besides my fib to my parents being my main reason, her sudden switch baffles me. She tries to be much more intimidating around her friends but right now, all I see is the Chrestina from the mall last summer trying to creep through. She's lacking the fire I've seen her throw my way and it makes me want to challenge her to see if her group is what encourages her to do so.

"What's wrong with the way I take pictures." She leans back in horror, and I stifle a laugh.

"Listen, I did not mean to offend you I'm just saying I could help with some pointers on better angles. If I end up buying this camera, I've been wanting I can use that instead of the school's camera to help."

"Whatever if you think you're so much better just take over as president." She starts to raise her voice and I huff at her reaction. She isn't budging so maybe I should just tell my parents the truth...for once.

"Listen, I'll just leave. Your brother begged me to come, and I was actually interested but if you think me saying that you need help is me thinking I am better I'll leave." I tap the pictures laying across the table and walk out.