Chapter Thirteen

Knowing that it's Monday morning has me on edge

Knowing that it's Monday morning has me on edge. I woke up at 5 am because I was so jittery. Really, I tossed and turned so I wasn't sure how many hours of sleep I truly had. Nonetheless, I did not feel sleepy enough to go back to bed, so I started to get ready for school. I didn't know what to wear or how to do my hair. Should I wear makeup again? I felt like I was out of the shadows being exposed all over social media with everything that happened at the party.

"Alexandria... today will be a better day." This was the tenth time this morning I chanted to my reflection because I truly hope that it will be. I've been panicking inside my head thinking about how things would go.

Maybe if I go back to how I was before then no one will notice me today. I can lay low by wearing clothes that won't bring attention to me. I go to my closet getting a pair of blue jeans and a t shirt to go with my favorite blue jacket.

All I need to do is lay low and I'll be fine. I'll do my hair how I usually do it and wear a beanie. It was just drama for the weekend, no one will pay me any attention. I assure myself so I won't panic so much and skip out on school.

I stare at the makeup bag that Madison had given me contemplating on makeup again. Sure mascara, eyeliner, and lip gloss were easy to put on that's why some days I would do it—but maybe I could try something like what I did for Saturday. I grab the bag going to the mirror.

"What am I doing? How am I going to stay low key by trying to wear makeup?" I throw the bag feeling silly for wanting to wear makeup and hurry to get ready.

I leave early like routine and the car ride is quicker than usual. I'm so nervous I could barely keep my hands on the steering wheel. When I slowly pull into a parking space I sit there for a few minutes before I decide to get out of the car.

"This is it Alex you can do this."  I close the door and walk to the building.

There are a few people standing around the front of the building waiting for school to start. I can't tell what grade they're in, I avoid looking for too long so that I won't draw attention to myself. Walking through the hallway isn't as bad as I assumed it would be. There aren't a lot of people in the hallway and there is plenty of time before class started so for now, I had nothing to worry about.

I go to my locker so that I can get my books together for class. I must be on time and prepared for Environmental Science because Mr. Rubin is such a hard ass about grading. I put my bookbag in my locker and grab my books for my first three hours.

I was a bit self-conscious today about what I was wearing no matter how much I wanted to stay lowkey. I tug at my hoodie and adjust my belt on my jeans. I wore a blue hoodie and a beanie to match. I like for my beanie to hang off my hair and have hair in the front sticking out, so I walk to the bathroom to check.

I put my hand on the door and I immediately stop hearing faint voices behind the door. I contemplate on if I want to be nosy, but I wouldn't want anyone to eavesdrop on my private conversation, so I push open the door to walk in the bathroom.