Chapter Twenty Four

I grab my car keys stepping out of the house ready to leave for work; I see a familiar car pulling up in front of my house, I twist my lips and put my hands on my hips

I grab my car keys stepping out of the house ready to leave for work; I see a familiar car pulling up in front of my house, I twist my lips and put my hands on my hips. What is he doing here?

I walk to the car putting my hat on my head because there were flurries sticking to my hair. The window rolls down and Landon has a solemn look on his face. I suppose I can't ignore him for much longer if he's just going to keep popping up. He knows what school I go to, where I work, and where I live.

"What's going on Landon?"

"Can you get in the car? We need to talk." I look at the time on my phone trying to figure out if I had time. "Please? It's important."

"I don't know if we should talk. I'm still upset with you and recovering from my fall." I say bitterly, I know it was a bit dramatic though.

"Please." The sorrowful look on his face makes me give in.

"Fine. But it has to be quick I need to get to work." I stress.

"Okay, okay." He agrees so I get in closing the door behind me.

"I'm sorry about Friday. I didn't know that it was you trying to get my attention." I don't say anything as I fiddle with my thumbs. "I'm sincerely sorry that I made you fall, Alexandria. Seriously. I'd never want to hurt you like that." He says and I finally look over at him.

"My fall is a meme now Landon." I can hear my voice crack, but I don't let the tears well up.

"I know that's embarrassing for you, and I feel embarrassed too—I'm the jerk that made you fall and I tried to explain on more than one post how it was an accident and for them to stop sharing it because it wasn't funny. I didn't even acknowledge you before I snatched away from you because I was so angry at what Kam said, it was like he was taunting us and all I could think about was how much I needed the funding for our debate team to be able to travel so that I can be seen by more colleges and— I should not have let my anger ger the best of me and I should not have done that and I truly apologize for that and the fact that you're getting embarrassed on social media." Landon is visibly disheveled as he waits for my answer and his suaveness has left the car.

"...I accept your apology and I do want to say this; we've had talks about my in-the-moment anger and how I shouldn't act on it and you doing the same thing you tell me not to do was...hypocritical." He sits there like he's in deep thought before he responds.

"Well, I guess we both have to work on reacting off anger huh?" He avoids eye contact as 

"I agree."

"Great, so we okay?" I give a small smile before nodding my head, finally realizing that I need to let it go. He sits upright and puts the car into drive making the doors lock.

"Wait... what are you doing?" I say frantically.

"We're going for a drive."

"A drive? Did I not say I have to go to work before I got into the car?"