Chapter Twenty One

Project adolescence, what? With everything I have going on I'm not even thinking about making a move on it now

Project adolescence, what? With everything I have going on I'm not even thinking about making a move on it now. I got my car taken away again and I have to find a way to work. She told me to figure it out, but I don't have a debit card to Uber, and she knows that. She hates my job anyway, so she doesn't care in the slightest. I call the only person who I would not mind coming to get me from home at this time.

"I need a favor." I scramble.

"What's up girl?" Jasmine says with a chirpy tone.

"I need a ride to work."

"I'm sorry, I have to come in a little before opening so I can't come get you. Why don't you ask Benny?"

"Well... I don't think my mom is Benny's biggest fan right now, so I don't think it's the best idea for him to come and get me."

"What, sweet ole Benny? What happened?" She gasps dramatically.

"Ugh, it's a long story I will tell you at work. In the meantime, I have to find a ride."

"Just ask Don, maybe he doesn't have plans today." She suggests and I immediately decline her suggestion.

"I don't know Jas..."

"He doesn't bite just call him and ask."

"I'm convinced he does bite." I dryly joke.

"Call him Alex."

"Fine, I guess you're right. I'll talk to you later."

As much as I didn't want to ask Landon, I did not want to ask my parents for anything, and I know Madison is a long shot because she's only able to drive her mother's car occasionally. I'm sure that my mom is still angry with me, and I didn't want to tell my dad why I couldn't drive my car. I reluctantly call him, and the phone is ringing for so long I'm ready to hang up."

"What's going on Dria?" He finally answers and he sounds like he just rolled over in the bed.

"Hi Landon... were you sleeping?"

"Uh... maybe. What's wrong?"

"Well, I need a huge favor from you."

"A favor? Like what?"

"I need a ride to work."

"Oh wow, you're letting me take you to work?" He's enjoying this and it's making my stomach flip.

"Yes, if you have insurance?" I say in a joking tone even though it was a serious question.

"Of course, I have insurance, my mom would not let me drive if I didn't." He laughs.

"Oh, thank you Landon, I appreciate it!" I beam as I jump up to get ready.

"I never said I was coming." He speaks up and I quickly stop in place.