Chapter Forty Six

It seems like the entire high school is going crazy over Valentine's Day being on a Friday

It seems like the entire high school is going crazy over Valentine's Day being on a Friday. I have seen at least five lockers decorated with pictures and balloons taped to them.

Should I feel down about not having a Valentine's Day surprise?

We just got back together, and he didn't actually ask me to be his valentine. I'm a bit flustered because Landon seems like the big gesture kind of guy— I haven't even seen him today to know what's going on.

Even though I wasn't sure he would give me anything I wanted to make sure he got something, so I bought him a matte black Luxe set of bands with the date we got together in roman numerals and two more bands to go with them.

Having confessed our love for one another, it's been different between us. It feels like things are more serious between us. The air around us is so thick you could cut it with a knife. We haven't said I love you since his birthday, it makes me wonder if he meant it or if he said it so my feelings wouldn't be hurt.

I still haven't driven myself since the car accident and I don't want to rush into it. Feeling the snow stick to my eyelashes brings flashbacks and I quickly shake the thoughts away. When I turn around to go find a bench to sit on, I smack into a handful of balloons.

"Wow—I am sorry." I look seeing Madison giving me an amused look. "You okay?" I wave her off trying to play off the embarrassment I felt from running into her balloons.

I did not expect Justin and Madison to be open with gifts, they're still on hush with their relationship. People suspect that they're dating but they have not confirmed it.

"Justin?" She nods. "I thought you guys weren't public."

"Yeah but, he still got me something—you didn't get anything?" I shrug.

"No big deal, we're just getting on good terms anyhow... I bought him something though."

"Did he even ask you to be his Valentine?" She frowns. I sigh in response, not even wanting her to know that he didn't.

"That is not okay."

"Madison. Please."

"Okay, I won't say anything..." She pauses. "But I'm still mad at him, that guy had you crying for weeks and then he tells you he loves you but doesn't give you anything to show for it. Hell he hasn't even shown you much since the first game." The balloons hit against each other as she moves her hands around.  Before I can say anything, Justin comes behind Madison grabbing her by her shoulders and carrying her away from me.

"Hey Dria." Landon gives me a nervous look and I fumble with my fingers behind my back trying to figure out why he looks so nervous.

"Hi." Is all I can utter. It feels weird seeing him. I haven't seen him all day and now he's popping up at the end of the day.