Chapter Two

"So, what's this I hear about Landon totaling your jeep and then you keying his car after? I miss one lousy Friday and so much goes on

"So, what's this I hear about Landon totaling your jeep and then you keying his car after? I miss one lousy Friday and so much goes on."  I laugh obnoxiously at my friend Madison; she brought her face closer to the screen waiting for me to indulge with details. 

"False rumors spread faster than the truth at our school apparently."  

"Eh, I knew it wasn't true, a few cheerleaders on the team were gossiping about it at the football game last night. You don't seem like the type to key someone's car, that would be out of character. Did he total your car though?" 

"Not as much as anyone may think. He shattered my mirror and get this, this guy who he calls Jay was with him. He had the nerve to tell Landon to just walk away or leave a note since no one came to say anything yet." 

"Justin? I see them hanging around together he's too boisterous for me. The guy is on the football team though... You just let him get away with it, didn't you?" 

"Does anyone I know think I have guts? I followed Landon to where he parked and confronted him." Her mouth opens in shock. 

"Tell me everything." I tuck my lips in shaking my head. I didn't want to, but I still told her everything.

"I can't believe you followed that boy to his parking spot." She burst into a fit of laughter. 

"I had to, he tried to walk away like nothing happened." I laid across my bed holding my phone. "He's definitely a jerk."

"Ah, maybe not. You said his friend told him everything was good, if you told me that I'd believe you."

"I bet you'd still check for yourself before you walked away."  

"You're right about that. But if I were you, I wouldn't bother with waiting for him to fix it. You could ask either one of your parents for help easily." Here she goes with the parents with money card.

"I could have, you're right about that. But I didn't like the way the situation was handled. And don't even get me started about my dad, he pissed me off before the incident happened that's probably why I followed the guy like that." 

"Well, what did your dad say?"

"I haven't exactly told him yet..."  I drag cautiously.

"Alex, you know that's an idiotic thing to do right?" 

"Yes, I am aware of that thanks Madison." 

"I'm just reminding you. Did you at least tell your mom? You know this will come to bite you in the butt." 

"Right now, I don't care if it does. You know I missed first hour grace period, so when I talked to him on the phone, he told me that I need to be more responsible." 

"I will say that you are very responsible Alex."

"Thank you, at least you can see that. He told me that I won't get far in life if I waited on people and that I needed to take charge. I swear, my dad is so stuck on working and his money he always forgets how to be there for me emotionally."  Her face softens and I stop her before she could say anything.