Chapter 16 ~ Long Live The King

Start from the beginning

"My family is dead because of Skaikru." Ilian says viciously.

"Even with the King hurt, you think this coward gives a crap about your family." Octavia says getting in Ilians face.

"Skaikru have done nothing but tear our world apart." Rafel says standing up from the table. "The time of Skaikru is over." Then he's gone, leaving us to wallow in our defeat.

"We're screwed." I face palm.

"That went well." Octavia whispers.

Plan B was risky. Talking to Rafel was plan A, but plan B was killing Rafel whilst making it look like he killed himself. We knew we couldn't let Roan fight because he was too weak, and he would have lost everything.

Our hoods were up and we snaked through the busy streets of Polis until we reached ambassador Rafels quarters.

"It's about time. Pour me wine." Rafel says with food muffling his words.

"I don't think so ambassador." I smirk.

"What are you two doing here?" He says, looking surprised.

"Offering you one more chance. One more chance to either back down or fight me." Octavia says waking closer to the table and leaning down next to him.

"You are not worth my blade. Neither of you are." He laughs.

"Well don't sat we didn't give you a chance." I laugh back at him as I give Octavia a subtle nod.

Within an instant, she picks up his knife and stabs it into his ear. The ambassador slumps down into his plate and Octavia cleans the blade and his ear. Now there's no evidence we did it. Roans leadership was safe.

"Long live the King." Octavia grins.

The ambassador had been dead for about 12 hours and Octavia and I were getting ready for the next fight. She was sharpening her sword and I was sharpening my knives. Then a hooded figure walked over to us and showed themselves. I stood and raised my weapons in fear of being attacked.

"Wanlida, put your weapons down." Roan says.

"Wanlida? I thought I was Skairipa." I question.

"The name Lexa gave you was foolish. Wanlida suits you more. Bringer of death." He say blankly.

"What's going on here?" Octavia asks, coming up behind me.

"I need you two to handle something, like you handled the ambassador." Roan says, but he stops when Indra comes over.

"If you can't trust Indra you can't trust us." Octavia says matter of factly.

"The flame has been stolen and I need you two to get it back. I think she used one of the old tunnels." Roan whispers loud enough for only the four of us to hear.

"She?" Octavia asks.

"The new flame keeper." Roan states.

"Okay, let's go O." I say, gathering uo the rest of my stuff.

"Cameron!" Indra shouts. "They are calling Octavia Skairipa now, that is why you are Wanlida." She tells me. It makes sense, Octavia usually is the one that kills and I am the one that brings her to the people that she kills. Now we had another person to add to that list.

My sites were set on the new flame keeper. The only thing we could see was her eyes. I nudged Octavia to let her know that I had found her and we started following her staying far enough behind that she didn't notice us, but close enough that we didn't lose her.