Chapter 38 - Blast of Confidence

"I don't like how silent it is in here." I shivered and looked past the corner carefully with an arrow drawn.

"Me neither." Ty agreed. "Especially how we saw no guards—"

He bumped into me and raised an eyebrow, about to say something when I put my index finger over my mouth to stay quiet. In the next room down I heard voices coming from inside and had a feeling we just found some straggler guards who didn't know everyone else took a hike somewhere else.

"Stay here." I crossed the hall and stayed close to the wall.

My head peeked into the crack and I saw him standing by the left side pouring a glass. My eyes scanned with what view I had and my eyes widened seeing my mom tied to a chair at a table with food set. She was alert and breathing, and stayed still. I could barely see her body shaking under all her stoic appearance. I saw him turn around and walk back towards her with a glass of something bubbling, possibly champagne. I didn't care to listen on what they were saying and doubled back behind the corner where Ty was waiting.

"Is he in there?" He asked quietly.

"Yeah, he's got my mom tied to a chair." I glanced around and took my bag off crouching by it to find something.

"What are you looking for?" He asked.

"My flash bomb. I need it if I'm going to distract him and get my mom out of there." I found it under a pile of cloth and pulled it out, setting it carefully next to me and took the coat off.

"Wait, Angel, remember what we talked about before—"

"You know, this is probably the easiest I've found him and in the most vulnerable position. I can't just let this pass up and not take him down." I narrowed my eyes at him gesturing to the door.

Faint footsteps caught my attention from behind him and I grabbed my bow pointing an arrow at whoever was coming.

"Whoa, whoa! It's just us, girl!" Mikey whisper yelled with his hands up.

I lowered my arrow and glanced behind him seeing the other three appear. Mikey engulfed me in a hug and I shoved him off freaking out a bit on the inside from his sudden advance.

"Sorry, I thought you'd be happy to see us." He said.

"I-I am, it's just..." I trailed off and sighed. "It's nothing, I'll explain later. Right now we've got an issue."

"No kidding, we didn't find any guards on our way in or out." Raph spoke up. "It's like the whole place is abandoned."

"Yea, we noticed that too coming in. We think it might have to do with her father." Ty said.

"It's a trap." Donnie stepped towards me. "Angel, we've been saying it this whole time and now it's true."

I looked away at the door and back at them.

"It doesn't mean he knows I came alone. He knows I'd try to do this on my own, and we're going to keep him thinking I did." I took my flash bomb and stuffed it behind me, covering my shirt with it.

Leo crosses his arms over his chest and huffs.

"If you'd like to say something, Fearless, I suggest you do before I go in there unarmed and only carrying a flash bomb." I muttered.