Chapter 22

The words echoed in my ears like someone kept repeating what was said.

End my life the next we meet.

My thoughts were interrupted when I felt my hands holding something. One hand was holding what felt like a ball and the other, another hand. My back was laying on something hard making it more uncomfortable. I squinted my closed eyes, opening them slowly only to be blinded by an actual bright light reminding me of the one we went through to get back.

Memories of what happened hit me like a brick to the face. I sat up quickly gasping and clutched my shirt where my wound may be. I looked around realizing I'm in Donnie's lab. My hand was squeezing whatever I was holding and I realized it was someone's hand. Whatever I held in my other hand I dropped and didn't pay attention to what it might've been. I saw who's hand was holding mine and I averted my gaze elsewhere. My head pounded and I held it. I heard something shift by me and saw he was waking up from his nap.

"You're awake, finally." He flashed a small smile.

I swallowed and nodded slowly, noticing some bandages were actually wrapped on me around my chest.

"Y-yeah." I mumbled. "How long was I out?"

He released my hand gently and checked his watch.

"A couple hours after we all got out of that place, but that's about it." Asbel said casually. "Leo's filling everyone in of what happened and coming up with another plan."

"I should be with them, I can hel—"

I was about to get off of the metal table I was laying on when pain seared throughout my chest. My hand clutched the loose shirt I wore at my chest tightly. My breathing hitched for a second and I tried to calm down. Asbel put his hands on my shoulders softly and helped me lay back down.

The lab door was pushed open and Donnie ran in like there was an emergency. He stopped midway and saw I was -mostly- okay and sighed in relief.

"How did you know to come in?" Asbel asked, his hands still gently on my shoulders to keep me from sitting up again.

"I had her emergency button in her hands in case when she was still unconscious and squeezed it while in pain or anything I'd know right away." He responded holding his t-phone up.

So that's what that ball thing in my hand I dropped was.

"Look, you just came out of a pretty weird battle. You've earned your rest, so take it." His eyes were filled with concern. "I'm pretty sure the turtles would understand if you want to rest some more."

"I agree. You need your rest. As far as you're concerned you have nothing to worry about with the plan, Angel." Donnie said.

I nodded slowly, wincing in pain from my chest again. I'm in no position to argue or protest right now.

"Good, now you get some more shut eye and I'll let the guys know you're doing fine." He put a blanket over me gently.

Asbel rested his hand on my forehead and brushed back my bangs. The blanket was warm and I felt my eyes get heavy, possibly from its warmth and comfort until they closed and I saw darkness.

Third POV

Donatello sighed and crossed his arms at the man. He took his hand away slowly and stuffed them in his pockets turning to Donatello.

"What?" His physical complexion and body shifted to Angel's Father.

"Don't you find it cruel using his form when shapeshifting?" He glared at her Father. "Asbel was freed, so why use a copy of his looks?"