Chapter 35 - A Resurfacing Dark Past

***There will be graphic things mentioned that may not be suitable for everyone. If there are any issues my PM is always there and comments here too***

The three brothers glanced at each other before they all ran up the stairs hearing the loud scream after glass shattered, leaving Jasper to walk out the door calmly.

~

I sat on the bed, still, eyes closed, and a hand rubbing my back gently. It was silent for a few minutes until I decided to move my head away from his plastron. He stayed next to me on the bed and glanced at me.

"I'm sorry for not telling any of you." I spoke up quietly. "I just didn't know if you'd all believe me... thinking I've gone crazy or something."

He shifted closer to me and put his hand on mine, squeezing it slightly as a reassurance.

"We'd never. Not to you, not to anyone." He responded softly.

I nodded and bit my lip pondering about the memory I recalled just minutes ago that put the final piece together. I should tell him.

He looked at me and my lip quivered and I sucked in a sharp breath. My hands fidgeted and he noticed, placing his other hand on top to cover them in his. Warm. I thought to myself.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"It's just.... I thought you'd be mad at me." I looked away.

"For what?" He stared at me and I didn't respond. "Angel."

"When Jasper attacked me, I-I remembered something. Something from w-when I fought my father." I let out a shaky breath and shook my head. "It was the last thing I needed to recall from that night."

He turned his entire body to face me and tugged my hands to turn to him as well. I stared at him and he nodded.

"What was it?"

"When I pushed you out of the way, a second before he was going to stab you. I heard you call my name and couldn't stop thinking about how angry you would've been at me." I felt a tear fall down my cheek.

He scooted closer to me and embraced me tight, then after a short while parting at arms length to stare at me.

"I'm not mad at ya." He rested his forehead on mine and I cried, "If anything, I know why ya did it. I'd do the same in a heartbeat."

"I just couldn't live with myself if he had hurt you and you be the one who'd die and not me." I whispered as tears welled up in my eyes. "And I know that sounds so selfish, its just with everything that's been happening lately... I didn't want that on my hands."

He sighed and leaned in, "I know, but from now on promise me ya won't do anything like that ever again."

"But, Raph, I—" He cut me off, cupping my face with both of his hands. "What if he tries to—"

"Promise." he said, "For us."

I stared at him for a few seconds and saw the sheer worry in his eyes I'd do something reckless like that again. We both know I would in a heartbeat if it meant saving his life just like he said he'd do for me. Part of me wants to shake my head no and say I won't, but I the other part of me is afraid of what could happen if he lost me.

"Okay, I promise." I mumbled, nodding slowly.

"Good." he smiled gently.

He was about to lean in for a hug when his eyes widened and I screamed hearing the window shatter behind me. I felt his arms protect me immediately and put me behind him. A dull thud sound followed whatever, or whoever, it was that found its way inside.