Chapter 5 - "What?!"

"It's just a date, sweetie."

My Mom was trying to convince me the fact a man around her age asking her out is no big deal. If you forgot—though I have trouble not forgetting this—a man at the company's party last night asked her out. On a date. To a movie and dinner.

"This is not just a date, Mom!"

I was still processing it...days after...tonight is the night she goes to the theater.

"There is absolutely no harm in your mother dating another man...who just happens to be single..." she hurriedly put a small stud earring in her right ear, facing the mirror in her room.

I narrowed my eyes at her. "There is always harm."

She rolled her eyes at me and put the other earring in.

"He's not only single, but he's a father." I pointed out. "I was even talking to his son at the party, and we were both shocked!"

She smiled and turned around. "Yes, I saw you two talking the whole time. Seems like you get along with him well. Really good dancer too."

I groaned and fell back on her bed that I was sitting on.

"That's not what I meant, Mom."

"All I'm saying is, you two look like you clicked pretty quickly after a few twirls on the dance floor." She said.

I threw a small pillow at her and she dodged it.

"Not what I meant, sweetie. And be careful! It took me a long time to do my hair." She covered it with her hands and I laughed.

"That I can understand because you're like me with my hair. I always let it stay down or in a ponytail. I rarely do a fancy updo or anything." I sat back up.

She wore a fancy button up blouse and jeans, with the small earring studs, and her hair was pinned up on one side. Her bangs were pinned on the other side so it showed more of her facial features.

"I'm gonna use your boots for tonight." She slipped my knee high boots on without letting me protest.

"Sometimes I wish we weren't the same shoe size..." I muttered.

There was a zipper on both of them and she zipped one up.

"It's an easy money saver." She said, zipping the other one up. "We buy one pair of shoes for both of us to wear or I hand down mine to you."

"But we don't agree on a pair of shoes we'll both wear." I cross my arms.

"Well, we agree on these boots don't we?" She shrugged and grabbed her bag.

I followed her out of her room and towards the front door. She stood in front of me giving that look that said 'do I look okay?'.

"Do I look alright?" She asked, fiddling with her jacket when she got it on.

I nodded. "You look fine, Mom."

She sighed. "I don't want to look 'fine' I mean, do I look presentable? Like I look like I'm going on a date?"

I rolled my eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at me, Angel, you know what I mean." She whimpered.

It was kind of funny how she was acting like a teenager going on her first date with a boy the same age. But in this case, she is, and I'm like the Mom.

"And I should give you a curfew." I shot back.

She snickered and made sure she had money. "Funny."

Green Stardust ~ (Sequel to Angel's Love of Two Wings)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें