Chapter 12

He stood in front of me and sat down on the ledge slowly, a small, mocking smirk formed. I crossed my arms over my chest and leaned against the janitor closet, watching his dark brown eyes stare back at me. He had a bald head and wore a aviator jacket, black shirt under, jeans, and army combat boots.

"So? You called me out here, now what do you want?" I narrowed my eyes.

"I just wanted to see my dear daughter of m—"

"No games." I growled at him, taking a step forward.

He put his hands up defensively and nodded. I waited for him to say something.

"I wasn't lying, Angel. Your father was so insistent on seeing you himself he...well, let's just say he can be very convincing when he needs to be." He shrugged.

"Why isn't he showing himself yet?" I asked.

"Now, I'm being nice here and not attacking you. I made that very clear in our phone call earlier, so don't go asking me why he's not showing himself yet." He said.

"I have one question, though."

He raised his eyebrow. "Only one? I thought you and your turtle friends would have several to ask."

"Yes, we do, but I have a question for this tonight. You called me saying to meet on the roof of my apartment, but not why."

"I did mention I wouldn't hurt or fight you." He cut in.

"So why couldn't you tell me why you wanted to meet over the phone?"

He looked at me. "Because. Your father knew if I told you he wanted to see you and talk, you'd immediately say no."

"Or think it was a trap." I mumbled.

"That too." He nodded and stood up slowly. "I'm doing you and him a favor this once."

I stared at him. "Why? I'm supposed to be your enemy."

"Ah," he held his index finger up, "but your father is also my ally right now. We're both your enemy at the moment, so when I asked if he wanted me to do something for him, it was—"

"Me." I breathed out.

"Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner, ladies and gentlemen!"

He threw his hands in the air and let them drop back to his sides after a couple seconds of silence.

"Though, I don't blame him for wanting to see his own daughter. With the situation I didn't think he'd actually ask for that."

I held my arms and looked down. "He and I were never that close ever since I was little."

"So I've heard." He crossed his arms over his chest. "It is the real him when I shape shift, just so you know I'm not playing tricks on you." He said.

"I'm ready when he is." I mumbled.

"Alright, don't be too long now. I'm letting you two have the whole night and that's it. After tonight we go back to being enemies and me holding your father captive."

"One more thing." I looked up.

He looked up. "What?"

"Why are you doing this? I want an honest answer, Jasper." I stammered.

"Persistent girl, wonder where she gets it from." He chuckled lightly and nodded. "Fine. I wanted to give you a chance to see him because he knows how much you grieved for never knowing the real him. The one past the abuse and addiction."