"Mum!" I call for her. The house is fucking freezing, why the hell are all these windows open? When she doesn't answer I start to search the house. "Mum!" I call again a little louder. When I go into the family room she is laying down on the couch and with a wet towel laying across her forehead.

"Are you okay?" I kneel down to her. Her body is cold but the damp feeling on her skin tells me she is otherwise.

"I'm not really feeling well." Her voice whispers.

Panic strikes through me then it has ever before. I thought everything was better now, that she has cured it and that finally maybe things could be back to normal again. After I get her into the backseat of the car and lay her down I call my almost non-existent father. Of course there is no fucking answer. My hands shake as I hold tightly into the steering wheel. Every couple of seconds I look into the rear view mirror to make sure that she is alright. I have the air conditioning running to try and make her stop complaining, small bumps rise in my skin as beads of sweat roll down her forehead.

When we finally reach into the hospital people rush to grab her to lay her onto the rollable bed or whatever the fuck it is.

"You need to stay here." One of the doctors push at my chest as I try to rush towards her.

"Fuck no," I try to push past him again only for him to grab ahold of my arm. "Don't fucking touch me."

"I understand that you want to go with her-"

"Then let me fucking go!" I cut him off and I see his patient level running thin but I couldn't give two shits.

"Stay here." He points to the chairs that I assume is the waiting area. " I promise that we will let you know everything as soon as possible." He says and walks away from me not wanting to put up with my bullshit any longer.

My hear races a thousand times a minute as I stare at the well in front of me painted with flowers and whatever the fuck that other yellow shit is. It makes this place look happy, it contradicts the entire emotions that I am feeling right now and I wish I could scrape it off the wall and paint the shit black.

Everything happened so fucking fast. What if I did bring Jackson home? Would I have come home to find her dead on the floor if I were just those couple of minutes late? I would be here alone with no one.

---

I've been in this stupid fucking hospital for almost two damn hours and no one has given me any type of information. I swear that if the person across the counter in the emergency room didn't have vaginas I would beat the living shit out of them.

"Sorry, you can't go up there right now." And "Sir, we can't release any information to you at this time" is all I have been hearing for the past two Fucking hours I've been here. I'll wait ten more minutes, ten. If they still say that shit to me I'll go up whether they fucking like it or not.

I reach my hand into my pocket to grab my phone thinking that I felt the vibration against my thigh. It's all in my head. My father won't call or text back because he's a fucking idiot who never wants to answer his damn phone. I dial his number again and bring the phone to my ear only to be sent to his voicemail again. I decide to text him again; I don't know why I am even trying over and over when I know he won't bother to even reply.

*answer your fucking phone. Something is wrong with mum.* I press send knowing that he won't be too happy about my choice of words but I couldn't give two shits right now.

This is what he does. He leaves during the night and doesn't come back to the next and sometimes days later. It's the repeating pattern and I believe I have the time schedule set in my head. He doesn't give a fuck about either of us but he still we stick around because my mum always says "harry you need a father." It's funny how she is just keeping him around for my sake and not for our well being. I don't need anyone..