For Once In My Life

Start from the beginning

He sat across from them on the couch. "I knew then that I had these feelings for you that I never imagined having for someone other than him. But with you it was stronger. It was as though all the signs had pointed to you. I didn't want to be with anyone else, only you."

"And you were able to get over Luke" – they snapped their fingers – "just like that?"

"Love is a complicated emotion. It's never the same for two individuals. No matter what, their definitions could be the same, but the amount of truth in their words varies. For some people, love is something that easily comes and goes. For others, it stays for a long time. And then there are some people who meet someone who opens their eyes and causes them to question everything they once thought they knew about love." He smiled at them. "That was you for me."

Blue crawled across the couch to sit next to him. The moment they leaned their head on his shoulder, they could feel him tense beneath them. As they felt him hesitate to move, they quickly blurted, "Don't touch me." He dropped his hands right away. "Just...let me enjoy this for a moment."

And he did. They both did. Sitting in the bittersweet silence brought a tear to their eye. They didn't know what the next step was. Andrew loved them, and they liked him back. But they hadn't been in a relationship in over a year. To be in one after everything that happened with Hayden was a big step, one they thought they could see themself taking if it meant they would be with Andrew. They liked him, and while a part of them was still in love with Hayden, their feelings for Andrew were stronger than the tiny emotion that belonged to a man they no longer cared about.

But if they were going to agree to anything, they needed all the facts first. "Why does Marcy have a key?"

Andrew chuckled. "I used to overwork myself pretty badly when I was first starting out at the new company. I didn't sleep for days, and I wasn't exactly eating healthy either. I wound up passing out in my house, and no one was able to get in contact with me. The landlord had to let them in, and while everyone was concerned over my well-being, she was more worried about my manuscripts not making it on time." He shook his head. "She almost killed me, and that happen a few more times-"

"Dear Lord," they groaned.

"-so I figured it would be best to give her a key." Facing Blue, his eyes stone-cold serious, he stated, "I can take it back if you want me to."

"No, no. It's important that she has it. I'm not always going to be around, you know? I have concerts and school starts next week. Not to mention we're going to have a full band again soon. Aiden and I are having auditions." He tensed beside them. They could feel his arms destress, but they knew Aiden was going to be a touchy subject if they weren't able to get their feelings out. "I don't want anything bad to happen to you," they murmured, unable to look into his eyes.

Andrew desperately wanted to guide their face to his, to ruffle their hair, caress their cheek and arms, and kiss their lips tenderly, but he couldn't. They didn't want him to, and he intended to respect their wishes.

Andrew stood up from the couch, popping his back. "Don't worry. I'll be fine," he groaned as he began to walk into his bedroom.

It had been a while since Blue had to be the one in charge of anything romantic. They only knew what Hayden liked, and they had no idea if Andrew would like the same thing. But they had the feeling that the moment his bedroom door shut, everything would be over. They didn't want that. They wanted to be with him.

For the first time, they were able to admit it. It wasn't just the fact that they liked him or was making up scenarios to not want to be with him, but actually admit the truth. They wanted to be with Andrew, and they refused to let the door slam shut.

Jumping over the back of the couch, they sprinted to his bedroom door. Before it could latch, they slammed the door open. Andrew spun around to face Blue in shock, but he was unable to process anything except the delightful feeling of Blue's lips pressing against his own. He stumbled back onto his bed, and Blue straddled him. He felt a tear splash onto his cheek, leaving him flabbergasted as he stared up at them.

"Blue-"

Squeezing their eyes shut, they shakily cried, "I like you. I really, really like you. Whenever you touched me, I felt beautiful and desired and...I haven't felt that way in a long time...and I've missed it."

"Blue-"

"And my heart pounds whenever I see you- And I look forward to seeing you. I look forward to spending time with you. I look forward to eating breakfast with you every morning."

"Blue!" he exclaimed. Sitting up, he held them close in his arms. He dug his fingers into their hair, cuddling his face into their neck. "Blue, I love you," he whispered, feeling them latch on even tighter. Even if it wasn't the right thing to say in the moment, he didn't know how else to respond.

"But I don't want to be an inconvenience. A part of me is worried that I will be, that I'll mess up your writing or your health or whatever. I don't want to put you through any pain, but I feel sad when I'm not with you. All I can do is overanalyze everything and wonder if you really do love me, and I know that I want to be with you-"

"You're rambling, baby," he chuckled. Pulling away from their neck, he ran his fingers down their cheeks, wiping away the tears. "Relax, okay?" They nodded quickly, and he cupped their cheek. "You will never be an inconvenience to me, alright? Never."

"But-"

"Never." He planted his lips on theirs, melting into the kiss. "I love you, Blue. I want to be with you."

"I want to be with you, too," they hiccupped.

Andrew smiled wide, kissing their lips once again. He flipped them over, hovering over them. With their help, he untied his tie, and the rest of the clothing soon fell into a pile on the ground.

Vote, comment, and share for quicker updates!