Chapter 12: Keep You Safe.

Reader Key

(Y/N) = Your Name

(H/L) = Hair Length

(H/C) = Hair Colour

(E/C) = Eye Colour

(N/N) = Nickname

~Words~ = False Memories

Author's Note: This is a Spinoff from the main story and no they are not from the movie.

(Third Person P.O.V)

Alternate Kai opened his eyes to see (Y/N) wrapped in his arms, Alternate Kai smirked and pulled her closer to his chest.

(Y/N) snuggled into this new warmer spot and Alternate Kai couldn't help but notice how adorable this action was.

Alternate Kai started playing with her hair, it smelled really nice, with a unique scent that was all her own, It matched her perfectly.

"I'll always keep you safe because you're my everything." He whispered into (Y/N)'s ear, his soft voice waking her slightly.

(Y/N) felt something wrap around her and whisper in her ear, causing her body to freeze, shivers running down her spine. (Y/N) opened her eyes to see Alternate Kai.

"W-What..." (Y/N) started to ask still half asleep. Alternate Kai face turned a bright pink colour.

Alternate Kai let out a silent breath as he composed himself. "H-hey, Good morning (Y/N)." Alternate Kai stuttered as (Y/N) rubbed her eyes from sleep.

(Y/N) looked around her room and glanced out the window it was nearly sunrise. "Kai." (Y/N) called out still half asleep.

A deeper blush was now covering Alternate Kai's cheekbones from the adorableness before him.

They stared at each other for a moment, "Kai, do we have anything scheduled today?" (Y/N) asked still half asleep.

"The only thing you have is R&R and all I have is to give you T.L.C." Alternate Kai flirted with a wink.

"I don't know what either of those things are." (Y/N) stated unaware of what Alternate Kai had said or was suggesting.

"Just rest (Y/N) and get better." Alternate Kai insisted, reminding himself of how innocent (Y/N) was to flirting.

Alternate Kai and (Y/N) snuggled back under the sheets, (Y/N) have fallen back to sleep, while Alternate Kai just watched her sleep thinking to himself.

Alternate Kai did his best to keep away the creeping memories that kept wanting to resurface and drag this Elemental Master of Fire down into suffocating despair.

Alternate Kai life had been changed forever. He had witnessed 'it' with his own eyes, leaving a permanent impression on him that he never wanted to experience it again.

Though it didn't change the ache in his heart whenever he thought back on the particular moment everything changed.

(Y/N)'s rebirth...

He was sure it wouldn't work; hoped it would, but it did and (Y/N) was reborn. It made dealing with the new reality of his life easier to handle.

Though, it didn't curb the hot boiling rage inside of him at the fact that (Y/N) was almost lost to him forever.

How seeing a broken (Y/N) who had succumbed to death was just downright unfathomable. And in a small way, terrified him more than he could ever think possible. It shook him to his very core.

It was just so uncharacteristically asinine that (Y/N) had even succumbed to death. (Y/N) always had a plan. Always prevailed and survived no matter what her putrid life threw at her.

Alternate Kai should know better than anyone as he himself never went easy in their fights. When they fought together, he'd always gave it his all. Still, he trusted the (Y/N) to always survive.

Because that's what (Y/N) did, what she never failed to do. Alternate Kai loved that about her.

But the sight of seeing her, covered in her own blood again. So soon after her rebirth.

It was unacceptable and retribution was in order.

Alternate Kai would make sure no one would be able to prevent them from seeking bloodshed for this. They ruled Ninjago after all and this little rebellion would not be tolerated.

"If only you knew how much I would do for you, if you could accepted how much I truly care about you." Alternate Kai muttered to a sleeping (Y/N) and the dead silence around him.

"I love you." Alternate Kai said softly planting a kiss on (Y/N)'s forehead. (Y/N) just continued to soundly sleep blissfully unaware of Alternate Kai declarations of love and dark retribution.

Shutting his eyes, Alternate Kai focused his hearing on trying to locate (Y/N)'s heartbeat, he could hear the strong steady melody of (Y/N)'s heart. Her heartbeat was calm.

Smiling to himself, Alternate Kai listened to the heartbeat for several minutes. It was reassuring. That steady rhythm meant (Y/N) was okay. Alternate Kai smiled before he fell asleep to the sound of (Y/N)'s heart.

Author Notes:

1) Thank you for reading don't forget to tell me what you think. :)

2) Writer's block is horrible.