Chapter 9: Bittersweet

Reader Key

(Y/N) = Your Name

(H/L) = Hair Length

(H/C) = Hair Colour

(E/C) = Eye Colour

(N/N) = Nickname

~Words~ = False Memories

Author's Note:

This is a Spinoff from the main story and no they are not from the movie.

(Third Person P.O.V)

The full moon shone brightly down upon the nighttime festival. The sky was beautiful, stars drifted across the clear sky, it was just peaceful.

A light pink blush crept upon Cole's face, (Y/N) looked absolutely gorgeous in her ebony kimono. The hem and collar were lined with sparkling silver, fine silk.

As Cole stood there admittedly drooling over (Y/N).

Cole thought about how he would have to thank Nya for choosing to dress (Y/N) in his customary colour instead of (Y/N)'s familiar charcoal grey.

As he and (Y/N) strolled together, as they made their way to the festival's food vendors.

(Y/N)'s hand in Cole's strong hands reassuring her that he would keep her safe.

Cole came across one of the festival's food vendors that were selling slices of cake and other baked goods to festival goers.

Of course, Cole bought some for the both of them to share.

It was a chocolate cake the dark chocolate flakes on top of the cake's icing were a bit bitter but it balanced out the sweetness of the warm cake making it rather delightful in Cole opinion.

Cole had devoured his without making any mess. Cole chuckled when he looked to (Y/N) to see what she thought of the bittersweet cake.

"Is something wrong?" (Y/N) questioned innocently. "You've got a bit of something on your cheek." Cole explained to her and (Y/N) went to rub it off with the back of her sleeve but Cole stopped her.

"Allow me." Cole said and licked the chocolate icing off (Y/N)'s cheek. (Y/N)'s face went as red as Kai's ninja suit though she didn't understand why.