Chapter 4: Taking Responsibility.

Reader Key

(Y/N) = Your Name

(H/L) = Hair Length

(H/C) = Hair Colour

(E/C) = Eye Colour

(N/N) = Nickname

Author's Note:

This is a Spinoff from the main story and no they are not from the movie.

(Third Person P.O.V)

(Y/N) knew something was wrong even before she was awake enough to consciously know it.

It was in the hushed sound of the room around her, in the feel of the cold air and the way the surface she was on rattled faintly as though it were moving.

The surface under her was cold and going slowly (Y/N) could feel that she was strapped down by some thick, heavy-duty metal clamps on her arms, legs and chest to prevent her escape.

(Y/N) urged her brain to move faster. What had happened? Bit by bit her recent memories trickled back to her until the last bits came all at once!

(Y/N) cracked open her eyes and saw nothing but brightness.

(Y/N) heard someone jump. "Go back to sleep (Y/N)." A voice said. It was Zane... Well Alternate Zane.

"I will take care of everything." Alternate Zane replied gently placing a blanket-like cloth over (Y/N)'s face. Since she was pinned to the table there was nothing (Y/N) could do about it.

The table slowed for a moment. "For what it is worth I'am sorry. We should have been there. I blame myself." Alternate Zane whispered regretfully.

"What the brick are you talking about!" (Y/N) spat the restraints were too hard for her to break they were magnetically locked in place keeping her snugly against the metal table.

There was a brief silence and Alternate Zane took his hands away from pushing the surgical table and patted (Y/N) on the head. (Y/N) growled back straining against the restraints.

"Oh, (Y/N). It is good to have you back." Alternate Zane sighed fondly. (Y/N) let out an angry growl not caring for the mad Nindroids ramblings.

"(Y/N). I promise this time I'll look after you." Alternate Zane promised. "What are you going on about?" (Y/N) demanded.

(Y/N) made a sound of strangled frustration as a smothering hand muffled her response as Alternate Zane strapped something across (Y/N)'s forehead.

"I'm taking responsibility (Y/N) as the head of this family." Alternate Zane went on pressing something on the strap across (Y/N)'s forehead.

"Family comes first. It took losing you to realize it but we really are nothing without it." Alternate Zane continued. "I could not continue there was nothing. Ninjago could burn at this point and I would not care. I needed you."

"What do you mean 'losing me'? I don't even know you?" (Y/N) growled but Alternate Zane didn't listen.

"And now I'm bringing you back." Alternate Zane declared with a crooked smile.

"Bringing me back?!" (Y/N) blurted out in surprise. "Of course." Alternate Zane nodding as though it were obvious.

"Engage primary restraints." Alternate Zane ordered (Y/N) heard a click as the metal table locked into place.

From the humming sound (Y/N) could guess that she'd been placed inside some machine.

"Don't worry (Y/N) it's nothing painful. I promise it won't hurt you." Alternate Zane assured her.

"It the next phase in the plan; designed to eliminate your old memories and substitute them with new ones. But no need to worry. I have caulculated this so accurately that no one, not even you will know the difference."

"It's okay (Y/N). Just relax and it will all slip away..."