Plant Love (fluff/slight mature)

Start from the beginning

Realising the boys were intending on harming the tree, I felt a bubble of anger boil inside of me and tried to keep it from popping. I knew what would happen if the bubble popped, and it wasn't good.

One more slash of a penknife, another slash against my arm, the bubble popped. I stormed over to the three boys, I had literally never met them before but I already hated them.

My aura was dark and I felt my eyes glow red. The vines around my arms and legs spread forward to wrap around the boys' ankles. I used the vines to lift them high into the air. My venomous aura turned the vines into poison oak vines.

"This is what happens when the oak hurts you back," I taunted, the boys still high in the air and blood pouring from my wounds. Their faces began to turn red and that's when I decided to let them down.

They ran out of the clearing and screamed for a teacher, yelling that I was a freak and a witch. I didn't care. I had more important things to worry about.

I rushed over to the tree, my eyes dimming back to their natural (e/c) hue and my aura dissipating as I felt the tree's pain. Placing my hands gently against the wounded bark of the tree.

My hands began to glow a lime green as they healed the burns and slices of the tree bark. I sighed in relief as I felt the slashes and burns along my stomach, arms and legs heal as well.

Knowing that the boys had seen me before as I was in their class, I knew that my mother would be called in. She would not be happy.

Flashback over~

I now spent the entirety of my day in my greenhouse, tending to my plants and reading up on new plants. It had been a difficult week for me and my plants. A massive heatwave had struck and it took a lot of my energy as I had to keep all the spheres around my plants the correct temperature.

I was in my greenhouse after finishing lunch with mother. She was actually my aunt but after my real mother gave me up, she took me in. My real mother was one of the forty-three women who had wound up mysteriously pregnant on the first of October in nineteen eighty-nine.

Let's say she was pretty quick to hand me over. I wasn't upset. I understood how scary that was. Especially with my unnatural power. Or is it a natural power?

I was exerting all of my power trying to create a sphere of energy around a snow chrysnathas, a special type of flower that grows only in the snow. I could create an aura on weather around anything I wanted as long as the had a working anatomy.

"How did you do that?" I heard a deep, rather aggressive voice say from behind me. I whipped my head around to see a boy my age with dark hair and green eyes. The kind of green that would be seen in nearly every form of Veridae Planti.

He was wearing a black uniform with red accents and a crest that seemed awfully familiar. I'm not sure where I knew him from but I was certain that I did.

"Who are you? How did you get in here?" I asked, frightened. Nobody but me could come here, I had trees and poisonous plants covering each entrance and exit of the clearing where my greenhouse was.

"Calm down, I don't want to hurt you, my name is Five and I'm from the Umbrella Academy," The boy said slowly as not to spook me. The Umbrella Academy? That did sound familiar. Something about powers?

"I'm (y/n)," I responded, hesitantly. He smiled gently at me. He had a slight air of smugness around him but it wasn't uncomfortable. I kind of liked it.

We talked for hours and when we got to the topic of my birthday, or should I say our birthdays, we realised that this was an issue that needed to be solved immediately.