Silence (fluff/angst)

As you can see, this is a bit of both fluff and angst which I don't think I've done, the basis of the angst (no spoilers!) is a crisis situation. I really hope you guys like this one, I haven't written in a while, things have been a bit hectic. Anyway, that aside, enjoy the chapter! Xxx
(Quick note! This is a soulmate au!)

_________________________________

Five pov
Age 8

I could feel my siblings' sharp gazes on my arm, it made me angry, I get that it isn't what you would expect but that's not my fault! Stop looking at me with pity and sympathy! I breathed in deeply, trying to calm myself down. I'm sure anyone who could hear my thoughts are confused about what the heck I'm talking about. Thinking about? Whatever! I'll explain.

At the age of eight, everyone on the planet, no matter what country, ethnicity, looks, attitude, anything, they get a soulmate mark. More specifically, they get their soulmate's first words. Some people are confused as to how that works, honestly, I'm confused too, I mean, how am I supposed to know if a person is supposed to be my soulmate unless I begin a conversation with, 'Hey, what exactly were the first words you said?'

Oddly enough, that's exactly how most people began conversations in a world like this. Unless, you were like me. For some reason, I don't have a soulmate tattoo and, in turn, no soulmate. Hence the annoying sympathetic glances I was getting from my family, even dad was giving me looks! 

I sighed, shoving my chair out from underneath the table and making my way upstairs to my bedroom. I felt the tears welling up in my eyes, I didn't cry often, even as a baby, but this was crushing my heart like a tin can. I hid my face away from my family as I sped up, I slammed my door shut behind me, my body falling limp against it. I pressed my hands to my eyes, trying to soften my sobs, which left a bad feeling in my chest.

I couldn't breathe, my chest was heavy and the pain I felt was constricting. Why was this effecting me so much? I guess I already know the answer. I felt unloved, unwanted. Why me? "Why me?" I whispered, watching the tears stream from my face and heard the pitter-patter of them falling to the floor. "What did I do?" 

(y/n) pov
Age 8

"Speak!" The man shouted at me, his words were as violent and sharp as the spit that sprayed my face. I don't understand what they want, apparently there was some safe my family had that they wanted to get into, for that, they wanted me to talk. Something about the way my family has spoken for generations. I knew the real reason of course.

I looked up at the man with the most bored look I could manage, I didn't shake my head, I didn't cry, I merely sighed at the man in front of me, I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of watching me break. On the inside, I was terrified. I had already listened to them torture my family, I was the last one. They had killed everyone else, what was so important in that safe, they were so flustered over it.

I knew that as long as they wanted whatever was in that safe, then I would be excused from whatever event they had laid on my family. They couldn't get rid of everyone, there was no other way to get into that specific safe. Breaking into it, nope. Replicating voices, nada. The man met my eyes and I shot him the most brutal glare I could give, he seemed taken aback, I felt rather proud!

He left the room, I was left in what used to be my bedroom. I used to feel so comfortable in here, so secure. My clothes were torn into shards of fabric, my bed was ruined to a mattress on the floor and the photos that previously adorned the walls were now shattered glass and litter. I sighed, looking down at me arm and my soulmate mark. 'Salve.'