Brenner looks to the men that hold the boy. He nods his head as a signal. One of the men lifts his arm up and harshly pulls the bag off of the boys head.

The boy is Mike. El's Mike.

Everything stops for El and Mike yells out her name before a calloused hand clamps over his mouth. El can see the tears forming in his eyes as he stares at her.

"Mike!" she shouts as she tries to reach him. The men immediately take hold of her arms, pressing her back into the ground. She struggles beneath their grip as she tries to break free.

"Now, Eleven, I'm going to tell you again. Open the gate." the silvered hair man demands as he raises the gun to Mike's head. El meets Mike eyes.

He shakes his head at her. He's telling her to not open it. He's telling her to let him die. El didn't want that to happen. She couldn't lose him again. They promised.

"Open the gate, Eleven." Brenner states once again, coldly. The barrel presses deeper into Mike's head and he closes his eyes as tears force their way out, down his freckled cheeks.

She can't let Mike die. She needs him, so she starts begging. "Please don't hurt him. I-"

A gunshot rings throughout the room.

A body drops to the floor.

El's screams erupt through the silence.

"Mike! Mike! Don't leave me! Please I need you! Please! Please come back! I'm sorry!" she screams and sobs.

Mike hurries up from the couch to El's room. Her door is cracked open. A habit that never went away. He pushes it open and is met with something unbelievable.

El's thrashing in the bed, still yelling out his name. Objects around the room are levitating, some flying and hitting walls.
Mike has to duck and dodge objects a couple times to get to El, but he finally makes it.

Mike immediately tries to wake her up. It takes a while to knock her completely out of her slumber, but it happens.

She wakes up with a start, shooting up from her bed. She looks around, scared and confused, before her eyes land on Mike.

Mike. Her Mike. Alive and beautiful.

"Mike!" she cries out as she pulls him close to her. She wraps her arms tightly around his neck as he pulls her into his chest. Every object that was once in the air falls to the floor. "Please don't leave me." she whispers out in a whimper.

"I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere. I promise." Mike whispers as he places a kiss to the top of her head. He runs his fingers through her hair, doing his best to calm her down.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" he asks after a few minutes. She shakes her head and he completely understands. She'll tell him when she's ready, if she wants to.

They sat there for a few more minutes. Mike holding El tightly as the whimpers and sniffles slowly dissipated. Mike suddenly had an idea to get them out of this cabin, some fresh air.

"You wanna go for a drive?" he asks quietly as he rests his head on top of hers. She looks up to meet his eyes and gives him a meek nod.

They slipped some shoes on and grabbed their jackets. The room was quiet, beside from the clanking of Mike's keys when he grabbed them off of the counter.

Mike intertwined his fingers with El's as they opened the front door. He walked her to the passenger side door and held it open for her. He shut the door as softly as possible and made his way to the drivers seat.