Late night. (61)

May, 1987

A few minutes later, you were laying on Roger's bare chest, trying to fall asleep. You heard a frantic knock on the door. "Who's that?" You said, sitting straight up. The knocking continued, so you and Roger ran downstairs. Roger opened the front door, to see Mary in tears, carrying her 2 year old son, Richard.

"Mary! What happened." You said, talking her hand as she walked into your house. Roger grabbed her sleeping son, resting his little head against Roger's chest. "I had a fight with David and.. and-" Mary said, wiping her tears. "At.. this time?" Roger asked. "Well, he went drinking with some mates and came back an hour ago and he picked up a fight." Mary cried, patting Richard's little head. "And he was getting so violent." She whispered. "I had to get out of there." Mary added. "You can sleep in the guest room with Richie." You smiled at the teary eyed Mary.  "Thank you, i'll be out of your hair tomorrow." She hugged you. "Stay as long as you need." You replied. "We already have a crib-" You said, being cut off by Mary giving you a look. "I'm not pregnant. It's from when Deaky's and Brian's kids slept over when they were younger." You said, she nodded. "Rog, can you take out the crib?" You asked, he nodded and carefully handed over Richard to Mary. 

"What are you doing up late? You both look like you've been up a long time." Mary said, following you into the kitchen. "Uhh-." You weren't quite sure what to say. "Oh, i see." She winked. "No!" You defended. "Please, you both have sex hair." Mary said, rolling her eyes as she sat down by the table. "Wild couple for doing it at this time." She giggled. "Jesus, shut up." You smiled as you poured tea in a mug. "Crib is in the guest room." Roger said, coming into the kitchen. "What are you talking about?" He asked. "Your obvious after sex hair." Mary grinned. "God. You're turning into Fred." Roger said, walking over to the fridge. Mary laughed and sipped her tea. "Appreciate it." She joked. "Now that that is discussed.. let's talk about something else." You sighed, sitting down next to Roger.

"I love David. This was so unusual from him." Mary said. "That's.. what you said about Freddie. And looked what happened." You casually said. "David isn't gay!" Mary defended. "You never know, he could be." You added. "He looks like it." Roger added to you. "Can we maybe stop discussing my husbands sexuality?" Mary asked. "Of course." You said. "Sooo.. Nicholas." You mentioned. 

Nicholas was Mary's ex boyfriend, who cheated on her with a guy.

"Can we not?" Mary said. "I see what type you have." Roger laughed, you joined in. "You are the worst." She smiled faintly. "Like little kids you are. You're almost in your 40's." Mary rolled her eyes. "Excuse you, Ms. the youngest in this friend group." You said. "Don't forget Deaky." Mary smiled. "Can't forget about Deaky." You mocked. "Like a little kid." Roger repeated, ruffling your h/c hair. "Fuck off." You mumbled. "Feisty 5 year old." Roger kissed your cheek. "Go away." You joked, pushing him away.

"You're marriage is brilliant. It's rare when you still act like you did when you were younger after being together for what? 10 years?" Mary said. 

10 years. It didn't even come to you that you've been together for so long. Not to mention you've known Roger for 17 years, that's crazy.

You looked over at Roger who was laughing as he teased Mary. You smiled to  yourself, knowing you will love this man forever and always.

Random topics in this chapter.

Should i have Roger do something.. sinister?