Break up. (56)

"Can you believe it? MTV banned our music video in America." Freddie said, pacing around the room as you sat down on the couch next to Deaky and Roger sat down in an arm chair, crossing his legs. "We helped give birth to MTV and they dare to ban us?!" Freddie took a drag of his cigarette. "I'm never touring the U.S again." Freddie stated, to which you rolled your eyes at. "And i'm being the one blamed for it. Not you dear, who i believe was your idea to dress up in drag. Or even you, who wrote the bloody thing!" Freddie complained to Roger and Deaky. "I can see it already, Freddie the fag, Freddie the Freak, Crazy cross dressing Freddie." He said, thinking about something. "I'm tired of touring, aren't you? Album, tour, Album, tour. I want to do something different." Freddie said. "We're a band, that's what bands do. Album, tour, album, tour." Brian snapped back. "Well, i need a break." Freddie said, lighting a cigarette. "I'm sick of it." He added, you all looked at each other. "What are you saying, Freddie?" Deaky said.

There was silence for a good minute.

"I signed a deal with CBS records.." Freddie spoke softly. "You've done what?" Roger said, leaning out of his seat. "Without telling us?" Brian turned around. "What kind of deal?" Deaky asked. "Look, i'm not saying we won't ever record or ever tour again. Queen will go on, but i need to do something different. You know what i mean? I- i need to grow." Freddie said. "What's the song fly away?" Freddie asked. "Spread my wings and fly away." You and Deaky said in unison, your tone of voice slightly more pissed of then his. "Spread my wings and fly away." Freddie repeated. "A solo album?" You said. "2, actually. Back to back." Paul said, from across the room. "Another word out of you and i'll throw you out the bloody window." Roger said. "But that's years Freddie. I mean, It'll take years." Deaky said. "You have little faith.." Freddie mumbled. "I- i don't believe this-" You cut Roger off. "How much?" You asked, silence. "What did they pay you? I wanna know how much they paid you!" You said, Freddie turned around. "4 million dollars!" He shouted, to which Roger stood up, rubbing his neck and making his way behind the couch you were sitting on.

"The routine is killing us! I mean, you must all want a break from the arguments. Who's song gets to be on the album, who's song is the single, who wrote what, who gets the bigger slice of the royalty. All of it, you must need a break." Freddie said. Roger stood behind you, his hands leaning onto the couch. "Fred, we're a family." Brian said. "No! No, we're not! We're not a family. You've got families, wives, children." Freddie shouted. "Some luckier to have children then others!" He shouted. "Watch your mouth Fredrick." You said, crossing your arms. "Am i darling? Because you've been married for 4 years and no children. These two had kids in the first months of marriage. Maybe you're just smarter then them to wait." Freddie said "You still have a family none the less! And what have i got?" Freddie shouted. "You've got 4 million dollars, perhaps you can buy yourself a family." You said, seeing Paul roll his eyes. "I won't compromise my vision any longer." Freddie said, facing the window. "Compromise? You joking! You were working at Heathrow, before we gave you a chance!" Roger said. "Without me, Mr. Bad boy, you would be a dentist, telling people to open wide." Freddie said, coming closer to Roger. "And you, Mr. Bad boy's wife. You would be a biology teacher. Teaching teenagers about something they would never use in their everyday lives." Freddie said to you. "And you, you would be Dr. Brian May, author of a fascinating dissertation of cosmology. That no one ever reads." Freddie said to Brian. "And Deaky, for the life of me. Nothing comes to mind." Freddie said. "I studied electrical engineering, does that meet your standard?" Deaky said. "Perfect." Freddie whispered, putting out his cigarette.

"You just killed Queen." Roger said to Freddie as he walked by. "Oh, give it a kiss one day. She might wake up." Freddie said. "You need us Freddie." Brian said. "More then you  know." Brian continued. "I don't need anyone." Freddie said and walked out. "Hope you have a nice fucking life." You said. Paul walked by and patted Roger on the shoulder, to which he moved his hand away.

You remembered about your nightmare. A few nights after you had those 2 nightmares, you had one more. Long story short, the nightmare was about him cutting himself off from everybody. Which you realized he just did.

"What do we do?" You asked. "Just like he said, take a break. We can't do anything without him. He is the lead singer." Brian said. "I suppose a break was needed.." Deaky said. "Yeah for a few weeks. But it seems we're taking a break for ever." Brian said. "He's not gonna last long without us." You said very softly. "How long do you reckon?" Brian asked. "A few months, if not a year." You said, looking up from your lap. "That's still a long time." Roger said, you nodded.