Let it rock. (39)

"It's snowing!" You exclaimed, looking out the window. "Let's go!" You said, tugging Roger's arm. "I still feel like shit, love." Roger said. "Then i'll go alone." You smiled, kissing his cheek. "I'll watch." Roger said, you nodded and ran downstairs, putting on your boots, coat and gloves, you ran to your backyard.

You giggled as you jumped on the ground, onto the snow that was already there. You did a snow angel and carefully got up. You looked at your bedroom window and saw Roger standing there, arms crossed with a big smile on his face. You bent down and made a snowball, throwing it at the window. You laughed and ran around the backyard, kicking the snow on the ground and catching snowflakes.

You felt a snowball hit your back, you turned around and saw Roger. You smiled and started throwing snowballs at him. You both hid behind trees, peeking your head out and throwing snowballs. You suddenly felt his arms around you, pulling you to the ground. "Thought you felt like shit?" You smiled, looking at his adorable cold face. "Didn't want to leave you alone." Roger smiled. "Thank you for doing my job today." He said. "Anytime, it was fun." You smiled, he ruffled up your hair and kissed your forehead.

"Hate to ruin the mood." You said. "What's up?" Roger asked, seeing your worried face. "Gabby's goodbye dinner is tomorrow. It's her family and her closest friends, so basically me, Mary and you boys." You said, getting up from the ground. "Alright.." Roger sighed, hugging you. "Dinner then the beach." You said, Roger nodded and pulled away. "Let's go inside." You said, grabbing Roger's hand and walking inside the house. You took off your shoes, gloves and coats and went to your room, laying on the bed.

"What the fuck is Aids, anyway?" You mumbled, Roger shrugged. "Something new, clearly." Roger sighed. "Let's just hope it won't effect any of our close ones." Roger said. "We can only hope." You said, staring at the ceiling. "Don't worry, love." He said, grabbing your hand. You sighed, laying your head on his chest.

"Speaking of death.. it was your parents death anniversary a few days ago. We might want to visit them." Roger softly said. "Can't believe i actually forgot." You said, getting up. "You remembered and you never even met them." You said, Roger frowned slightly. "Sorry." You mumbled.

You got into Roger's car and he started to drive, you kept looking out the window, watching the snowflakes fall onto the road. Roger grabbed your hand. "I'm sorry you didn't get to meet them. Sorry for being afraid of them not approving of you boys." You said, looking at Roger. "It's fine." Roger said. "5 fucking years.." You whispered.

You arrived at the cemetery. 

You got out of the car and bought flowers at a stand that was by the entrance. You walked for a good 5 minutes before finding your parents grave. You went down to a squat position and wiped the snow of their tomb. You placed down the flowers and sighed, tracing their names with your finger. You stood up and watched Roger put flowers on the grave as well. He walked over to you, putting his hand around your shoulder, together you walked back to the car and drove to the recording studio.

You entered the studio. "Have you seen Freddie?" Brian said, sitting on the little elevated platform. "No, why?" Roger said, sitting down on the armchair. You looked around and saw Chrissie, Veronica and John sitting on the couch.

A different Veronica, luckily.

You sat sideways on Roger's lap, your feet dangling off the edge. Brian didn't respond. You grabbed a catalog of some sort and looked through it with Roger. "Everyone up on the stage, now." Brian said, standing up. Everyone looked at each other, Chrissie got up and joyfully walked onto the platform. "Thank you!" Brian said, giving her a kiss. "Come on!" Chrissie said, Roger patted your hip. You got off and walked onto the platform, next to Chrissie. "Stomp to this beat." Brian said, stomping twice. Everyone repeated. "Now i want you to clap on the third beat." Brian said, he clapped after he stomped. Everyone repeated again.

"What's happening here?" Freddie said. "You'd know if you were on time." Roger said, everyone stopped. "I'm a performer, not a swiss train conductor, darling." Freddie said, Roger rolled his eyes. "I want to make a song that our audience can perform." Brian said, he stomped twice and clapped, everyone repeated and after a while Freddie repeated it. "What's the lyric?" Freddie said. Everyone went silent. "We will rock you." You said, they looked at you. "Y/n, you wouldn't mind helping me write this song?" Brian said, grabbing your hand and helping you down from the platform. "Not at all." You said, you and Brian sat down and brainstormed a few ideas.

Everyone at that point left and it was just you, Brian and Roger.

Roger soon fell asleep on the couch, you looked at the clock, 11 pm it read.

"Right, sing the 2nd verse for me." Brian yawned. You rubbed your eyes and started doing the stomp and clap. 

"Buddy, you're a young man, hard man Shouting in the street, gonna take on the world someday. You got blood on your face, you big disgrace. Waving your banner all over the place." You sang.

"It's definitely gonna sound better with more stomps and what not." Brian said. "We're pretty much finished, aren't we?" You asked, leaning on the piano. Brian looked at the lyrics. "Pretty much." He said. "Stop by tomorrow and we'll make some final touches." He added, you nodded and walked over to Roger. "Wake up, darling." You said, Roger slowly sat up, rubbing his eyes. "Can you drive, love?" Roger said, stretching his arms. "Yeah." You said, grabbing the car keys. "Bye Bri! You said and walked outside to the car.

Roger sat down in the passengers seat and closed his eyes.

You arrived home, you woke up Roger again and walked to your room. You both quickly changed into your Pj's and laid down. Roger wrapped his arms around you and held on tightly, you held onto his arms, feeling his breath on your neck. Your spine shivered lightly. "Good night, princess." Roger said. "Night, darling." You said and closed your eyes.