•22• •Contorted schemes!?•

Dedicated to every single person who took out time to comment and give inline remarks on the chapter 'Healing the breach?!'

P. S. I love you guys❤️❤️.

Please do keep showering your comments and votes on me.

||Contorted schemes!?||

----×----

“I know, Vidhi was acting crazy but she had a valid point. We are having a huge party tomorrow which was supposed to be Avidaan and Nandini's engagement party with a press conference where we were going to make it official. We have to do something about it!” Aarav finished explaining the problem he was referring to. Though it wouldn't matter whatever the world would say but why to even spoil anything in the first place when one can work for it to not happen.

Manik was aware of this. He knew that it would come up and at the back of his mind he had been trying to think of ways to deal with it but wasn't able to think of one. It definitely was a head-scratcher.

“Don't even try to say that we should get Nandini and Avidaan fake engaged.” Nyonica spat. Aarav rolled his eyes at her. He would never do that to his son or Nandini rather he had a different solution to it but was a little hesitant to suggest it.

“This isn't a daily soap, Nyonica. Get real. I have something in my head but I don't know if it's right or not!” Aarav uttered. The younger trio giggled at Aarav's way of speaking before shutting up looking at Nyonica getting angry.

“What is it, dad?” Manik asked clearing his throat.

“I haven't told you this but your mother and I have been planning on transferring back to India since the last two years. No one has any idea about a setup of my business in Mumbai that is all set to be launched. I was planning on doing it after Avidaan's marriage but now that it's not happening we can announce that tomorrow in the place of their engagement news. But I'm worried about everyone's reactions and plus the time is really less to make this happen.” Aarav put forth. Manik and Cabir were taken by surprise at that revelation.

“Walk us though it, bade Papa (uncle)!” Cabir demanded for an elaboration.

“Your sister, Meisha is in Paris conducting the final meeting with the investors today, Fleur Fashion House, after which we can launch this fashion House in Mumbai with Meisha as the head designer. We can offically relocate to Mumbai and settle down here with you.” Aarav enunciated. Manik was overwhelmed. He never expected or demanded from his parents to come here but that never meant he did not crave for them. Back then whenever he used to hangout with Nandini's parents it used to make him realise what he was missing out on but they covered it up for him but in the past nine years he kept yearning for the family's presence. Living with Cabir was sure what made it easy for him to survive all these years after his grandparents' death. He wanted to live with his parents like the usual guys. He wished to quarrel about the remote with Meisha and Cabir like the regular siblings would do.

“Why did this never come up uptill now? You could've told me. I may have helped Meisha and you.” Manik said composing himself.

“I knew about this.” Nandini declared. Manik and Cabir looked at her in astonishment. Nyonica smiled recollecting the connection. No one in the family knew but Nandini knew. It was a bolt from the blue.

“How is that now?” Cabir asked.

“Meisha is one of the good friends of mine after Avi, and ofcourse through him as well but she was the only girlfriend of mine in the States. Two years back when she decided to help uncle in his venture she had come to me for an advice about whether she should quit her job or not because juggling work and a new start-up was getting out of her hands. Then uncle and I met up to discuss the same when I suggested her to take the risk and quit. Ofcourse I had to keep it from Avidaan but I did not find that a big deal infact I helped her by connecting to Amma's fashion brand here. I am actually one of the investors of the venture.” Nandini kept saying spilling amazeballs all over.