•8• •Crooked means?•

A special mention to the readers who commented on 'Unsettling Settlements!' salriz purnima17 SrishtiSharma9 and TheBlueCanvas 😘😘😘
Thanks to the others who atleast voted. 😘😇

||Crooked means?||

----×----

Why did you not show up for breakfast?” Manik heard Cabir ask him from behind. After watching Nandini and Avidaan he couldn't just be normal again. Thus, he decided to ditch breakfast saying he had a video conference to attend immediately. Manik turned around to look at Cabir and then back into in particular nothing but outside.

“I did not feel like eating. That's it.” he replied to him and Cabir moved ahead to settle beside him.

“Is it Nandi?” Cabir was a mirror to Manik and the same way he had caught it even now. Cabir was there when Manik was in love with Nandini and he knew how much she meant to him. Even after their break-up when Nandini had left it took years to bring him around but still he could never be the same Manik anymore. If in the past, Nandini was as close as Manik to Cabir but today he could easily say that Manik was all he cared the most even of it meant separation between his cousin and Nandini.

“I don't know, man. I just don't want to be this. I'm this close to just go and break my skull on that wall.” he uttered with frustration pointing at the wall art their back. Cabir looked at him with pity. He couldn't do much in this situation than to support Manik emotionally.

“Will not being around Nandi help?” Cabir blatantly asked him. Manik's head snapped at that. Cabir lift shoulder at that reaction while Manik shook his head sighing. Manik smacked Cabir's head hard enough to hear a groan in return.

“Ow.... That hurt, mister.” Cabir said rubbing the back of his head, frowning along.

“That was the intention.” Manik commented. Cabir rolled his eyes at him in response.

“Why would you ask that, anyway?” Manik asked with amusement. Cabir looked at him narrowing guys gaze.

“It looks pretty clear that her being around this place is bothering you so maybe I'll just ask your dad to talk to Avidaan.” Cabir put forth the plan while Manik fake coughed at the wierd suggestion. The only thing that came to him was atleast she's here in front of his eyes what when she left? He couldn't even imagine Nandini and Avidaan at some place all by themselves.

“Let this go, dude. It'll be better if we find someone else for you atleast till the time Nandi is married off to our cousin.” Cabir knew what would be the reply so he spoke further about the situation.

“Idiot!” Manik muttered looking away. Cabir scrunched up his nose in confusion to that.

“What? Why am I the one being called idiot here?” he asked innocently. Manik glared in response before replying.

“Like seriously, Cabir? You do realise that you're speaking shit, right?” Manik mocked.

“Elaborate!” Cabir uttered even when he knew what was Manik talking about. He just wanted Manik to open up and speak out loud about his situation. Cabir knew this would give Manik clarity and also help him deal with the circumstances in the correct way.

“Let's just face it, Cabir. I would not be able to date anyone else with Nandini around. I just am waiting for the day they get married so that I move on from nothing in particular.” Manik made fun of his thoughts with which both of them chuckled. Though whatever the situation made Manik feel still he knew this was just a teeny-tiny complication in his life which he could overcome.

Only if he knew.

“Then stop being a freaking attention seeker and get your ass back downstairs to have breakfast now that Avidaan is gone and Nandini is in her room.” Cabir said getting back to the teasing self that he was smacking Manik's head as a revenge for free moments earlier. Manik just rolled his eyes.

“Where has Avidaan gone?” Manik asked to know.

“To meet some interior decorators to rebuild Nandini's old home. Nandini isn't feeling well so she stayed back.” Cabir said as they got up to leave. The part that Nandini isn't well caught most of his attention. He decided not to say anything and just go to Nandini after having breakfast.

Manik realised one thing that avoiding Nandini was not an option for it would yield nothing but awkwardness. Atleast he could spend the little time talking to her and catching up about stuff. Before being in a relationship they both were best of friends and infact he fell in love with her because of their friendship and so he thought of atleast rekindling the oldest friendship back with her. Maybe that could help him get rid of this absurd feeling and gel up with the one person he liked the most long time ago.

Cabir was aware of exactly what was going on in Manik's mind but he decided to stay mum. In the last few years Cabir had only seen Manik becoming stone-hearted with everybody except for the five friends and that was not the original Manik. Nandini was a ray of hope for them to have Manik back.

Cabir was being selfish about Manik but he did not fail to accept that it's the way he was. He just couldn't think about other consequences. Or maybe he knew them and just pretended to not know and just go with the flow.

Any of these ways he was hellbent on getting Manik a life he deserved and that he was deprived of all these years.

----×----

Target: 105 votes ⭐