•9• •Reuniting with the past...•

A special mention to the readers who commented on 'Crooked means!' and not just that but really heart warming messages TheBlueCanvas salriz yashi-ka SrishtiSharma9 and purnima17 😘😘😘

Another mention to the two readers who just took over my heart with their inline comments Ashkiks and SizzPani 😘😘😘

||Reuniting with the past...||

----×----

“Nandini.” Manik called out her as he stood by the closed door when she did not open up even after knocking for several times. Here inside, Nandini was fast asleep on the couch in the balcony attached to her room. Manik finally decided to go in after five minutes of standing idle there waiting for her to show up.

The door creaked as he pushed it in just to find Nandini sitting on the couch of the balcony and cosied into that as she snored off soundly. He smiled at the sight and moved inside the room to the balcony. He prevented himself from admiring her before he could slip into that zone and decided to just wake her up.

“Nandini! Get up.” he spoke, patting her hand in the process. She stirred in sleep before opening her eyes to the bright light that made her shut her eyes almost the next second. She sat up straight with closed eyes on the chair as Manik settled himself beside on the other chair.

“Cabir told me something about you not being well. What's it?” Manik asked her and she looked at him with sleepy eyes. She couldn't look any more cuter to him than this moment.

“I was just having a headache but now it's gone, I guess.” she replied after which immediately she yawned. He chuckled at that while she set her hairs right which were a mess right now given the fact that she had fallen asleep in an inappropriate position.

“I woke you up cause the other guys have dropped by and we have told them that we have a surprise for them so let's just go and shock them.” he spoke excitedly. She looked excited by that as her eyes suddenly had the shine of a mischief. He smiled at that look on her face.

He kept waiting on the couch inside her room as Nandini moved to the washroom to freshen up. She did not take long even when she had changed to a casual knee-length dress from the night dress that she was in and also freshened up.

As she stepped out of the washroom all decked up, Manik raised on his feet in both shock and stupor. To cover up he muttered a “Let's go.” before she could catch him staring at her. He turned to the door but before stepping out he said “I'll go there first, you come in about two minutes after me.”

“Okay.” she replied and he left.

--------“Oh, my God

--------
“Oh, my God. Nandini, is that you?” Mukti stood up on her feet looking at Nandini climbing down the stairs from the couch as she was the only one sitting facing the stairs. Dhruv and Alia turned to look as they heard Mukti just to be taken in for a sweet surprise.

“Yeah, I am.” Nandini ran in to hug her while Mukti hugged her with the biggest smile on her face. Everyone else looked at them in awe.

“Oh come on, let us meet her too.” Dhruv said tearing Mukti off her and pulling a giggling Nandini into a great hug. This wasn't something that surprised anyone because Nandini was one of the best people they were ever acquainted with except that they were not just acquainted with her but she was one of those people whom all of them were once closest to as well. It was just like nine years back were they all used to hang out together all the time.

“Dhruv!” all that  Alia did was just to yell his name and he understood as he immediately moved apart making the rest of 'em laugh

Nandini turned to Alia but just to be shocked looking at her big baby bump. “Oh, my my. Who's the lucky guy!” Nandini asked side hugging Alia.  Alia pointed out to Dhruv, shocking Nandini furthermore. Everyone laughed at her expression right before settling down on their respective places.

Nandini sat between Mukti and Manik as Mukti pulled her to sit beside her. “Where did you even find her?” Mukti asked Manik and Cabir the obvious next question hearing which Manik snapped back to the reality which was Nandini being his cousin's soon-to-be-bride.

“Well, it was a surprise for us when she came yesterday alongwith our cousin Avidaan Malhotra.” Cabir commented surprising the three people who hadn't yet even recovered from the shock of meeting Nandini. They did know the cousin had to come with his fiance but finding out that Nandini was the one it was something none would have ever expected.

Manik was getting irritated by the marriage talk already even when he knew he had a long way to go with this.

“Shit, you're getting married to Manik's cousin out of everyone??” one straightforward question from Alya and the stupid thoughts that Nandini wished to chuck came rushing back in. She looked at Manik just to find him already looking at her with an expression that she couldn't comprehend.

Alya bit her lip as soon as she realised what she said “I'm sorry. Infact, congratulations!” she exclaimed you which Nandini just smiled in response.

“When is the wedding?” Dhruv asked.

“In about four months. Avi's dad wanted to do it at his native and.....” she couldn't complete as a voice interrupted her or should be said completed her sentence.

“And so we're here to plan the wedding with all of yours help.” it was Avidaan who did that for Nandini walking in to the living room thus making Nandini stand up on her feet to go to him. All of them stood up to greet him.

----×----

Target: 130 votes ⭐