•10• •Her share of feelings.•

A special mention to the readers who commented on 'Crooked means!' and not just that but really heart warming messages TheBlueCanvas salriz yashi-ka SrishtiSharma9 and purnima17 😘😘😘

Another mention to the two readers who just took over my heart with their inline comments Ashkiks and SizzPani 😘😘😘

||Her share of feelings.||

----×----

“How was it?” Nandini asked Avidaan as they moved a little far from the clan.

“I'm thinking it'll be ready in a span of three weeks.” he replied to it.

Manik kept looking at the duo standing close to each other. He hated to admit but he agreed that they looked great together as a couple. He was a good soul but still all he wanted to do was take her away. He did not want to get together with her but the thought of never having a way to Nandini was unsettling for him.  It would have been so much better off if she hadn't met him, again.

“Okay. You go and freshen up. I'll be here with the friends.” Nandini asked him to go as she moved to seating space alone.

******
Right after Avidaan left, the girls decided to spend the night together, like a sleepover at Mukti's place to catch up on the stuff over the years of separation while the guys decided to hang around at the Malhotra's only.

“I'll just tell Avi and come, you wait for me at the car.” Nandini got up saying this, following her even the girls stood up to leave nodding at her. Nandini moved to Avidaan's room while the girls left the living room not before Alya kissing Dhruv his ‘Good night’.

“How are you taking it?” was the first question that Dhruv asked Manik who kept looking at the retreating figure of Nandini. Which is why Cabir had to nudge Manik out of his reverie.

“Huh, what?” Manik asked in confusion looking at them with a blank look. Cabir shook his head in disbelief while Dhruv looked amazed.

“I asked, how are you taking it? I mean Nandini's return plus the fact that she is Avidaan's bride.” Dhruv repeated.

“I think, I just have to make peace with it. Please, let's not talk about it. Infact let's do something to take my mind of it.” he said to them and the guys couldn't agree more to it. The guys decided to have a couple of beers and chill by the poolside and right at that time Nandini moved out of the apartment after bidding her bye to Avidaan.

--------

“Ghosh, this feels so good. After almost nine years I'm having this girls time because most of the times in NYC it would be just me and Avi or us going out clubbing with friends at night, sometimes.” Nandini exclaimed as the girls settled themselves on the mattresses laid down by Mukti and Nandini in Mukti's balcony with a bunch of dry snacks and a couple of mocktails considering Alya's pregnancy which meant no room for anything hard. As much as Mukti missed getting drunk and partying hard for old times sake she also was thrilled to become an aunt and since the time she had known about Alya's pregnancy she had sworn off drinks till the time Alya herself can have one.

“I know, right. It's so good to have you back Nandini. We really missed you.” Alya said hugging her sideways. “I bet you could not have missed me as much as I did. I still remember how wierd it was there at the beginning when I literally had no one and to top it I was in this whole new place where everything was just bizarre to me.” Nandini spoke as she reminisced the times that were one of the most difficult times of her life as well.

“How did you settle then?” Mukti questioned trying to put herself in those shoes nine years back where all could picture herself there was being vulnerable and needy.

Avi! He pulled me out of everything and helped me make myself the person that I am today.” she replied honestly while the girls couldn't help but smile at that. By now both Alya and Mukti had understood that talking about anything related to Nandini and Manik's relationship did nothing but made the air uncomfortable so it would be only wise if they stay clear of that.

“What about you guys? I know about Alya and Dhruv but what about the rest of you?” Nandini and them hinting at their current dating records. She so wanted Manik to be dating someone right now because that's only how things can be a little easier for her. Although those were her thoughts but still she knew somewhere if what she wants was true all that it'll do is break her heart a little. She was being totally unfair to herself and Avidaan when she had even a hint of that feeling but she couldn't help it either. Everything here were her roots and ignoring them or not letting them affect her was going to be a herculean task for her.

“I'm not seeing anyone neither is Cabir and Manik recently broke up with someone.” Mukti informed to which Nandini nodded.

“Reason for break-up?” she asked almost immediately.

“Come on, let's talk about something else. Remember the rule? No guys talk at sleepovers unless it's too necessary.” Alya did not want the passing on of things unnecessarily. She knew that telling Nandini certain stuff would mean that they are meddling which she clearly did not want. The status of Nandini and Manik clearly, was ‘It's complicated’age it'd be only better if they dealt with it their way.

“Sure.” Nandini caught the hint and decided to let go of it for now and have some fun with her girl gang after what seemed to be like ages.

----×----

Target: 150 votes ⭐