Fifty- three: Final Goodbye

This one is a bit rubbish and i'm not good at writing funeral scenes but enjoy anyways

The gravel crunched underneath the tires of the car as we arrived at the placed I had been dreading to come to since I was released from hospital a few days ago. I stared out of the window as the engine turned off signalling that it was time to get out. We sat in silence as I gathered my thoughts, I was still feeling completely hollow but I had people behind me and supporting me. But nothing they said to cheer me up would bring her back.

The weather reflected my mood once again as the black clouds drifted across the sky, the gloomy dull day was how I felt today. Today is for grief, not for sunshine and happiness.

"Are you ready to go inside?" Harry asked.

"Not really no but I'm going to have to do this for her." He reached over and held my hand, rubbing circles on my hand.

"You're going to have to be brave for both of you, she'll be proud." He smiled in which I couldn't return but he would understand. I sighed and let go of his hand. Opening the door I stepped out onto the gravel and took in my surroundings, the trees swayed in the wind as the faint rumble of thunder could be heard in the distance. I smiled as I felt rain droplets fall onto my skin.

"Only you would make the whether shit on your funeral babe" I chuckled slightly as Harry grabbed my hand, linking our hands together and I smiled up to him. He was my rock.

The nerves and anxiety rose inside me as we made our way to the ceremony. Who was going to be there? Would people from College be here? Would Niall be here? I haven't seen him since that fatal night and from what Harry had told me he still wasn't doing well. I just needed to see him so I could give him a massive hug and tell him everything will be alright.

Tears sprung to my eyes as we arrived at the door, I couldn't cry, not now. It hadn't even started and yet I was ready to break down. Faint chatter could be heard from inside the room and the lump rose I my throat as realisation kicked in that I was going to be laying my best friend and sister to rest.

"Ave" I diverted my eyes to the voice I had been longing to hear for the past 10 days. I looked into the once sparkling blue eyes she has grown to love for the past 2 years and stared into the dull blue ones, not full of any life. The bags under his eyes were sickening and had made his eyes look sunken in.

I didn't waste any time detaching my hand from Harry and running over to Niall wrapping my arms around his neck and comforting his grieving body. His sobs immediately shook throughout his whole body and the tears in my eyes appeared again as he cried into my shoulder.

"I'm so so sorry babe." I whispered into his ear my voice groggy. He didn't reply just continued to cry into my shoulder. It was always still lingering in the back of my mind that it was my fault this all happened. He was my ex-boyfriend and he wanted revenge on me.

"I wish I could take away the pain for you." His hands gripped tighter onto my dress and my heart broke even more with every sob he let out. I smoothed out his lifeless hair and continued to comfort the broken boy in my arms.

He finally released my body and looked up at me with puffy eyes, I sent him a reassuring smile and wiped under his eyes.

"We've got to do this for her Niall, she wouldn't want this." He nodded

"I know- I just miss her- so much it hurts." His eyes filled with tears again.

"I know babe I know. I miss her too but we have to get through today and then you can come to ours. We both need the friendly company. Me and Harry both miss you." I placed a kiss on his forehead before grabbing his hand rubbing my thumb over is knuckles. He nodded again.