Forty: Congratulations

The tension that surrounded us could be cut with a knife right at this moment. Anne's ecstatic expression soon dropped when the sounds of Harry's chair scraped across the flooring. I blinked furiously as he walked out of our view and stomped up the stairs. Anne's eyes quickly filled with tears due to her son not accepting the fact that his mother was going to have another baby.

"Well that wasn't the reaction I was quite hoping for." Rob cleared his throat before taking a sip of his water.

I on the other hand was absolutely glad that Anne was pregnant again I was just more disappointed of Harry's reaction to the wonderful news. I stood up from my chair when I heard Anne's muffled sobs into her hands, straightening out my top I walked over to where Anne was sitting and brought her into a hug, she needed comforting now. I would deal with Harry afterwards.

"I'm so happy for you both congratulations." I soothed Anne rubbing her back slowly.

"Thank you dear, this really means a lot." I turned my head and saw Rob showing me an appreciative smile while his eyes had sadness written in them having to witness his newly pregnant wife breaking her heart over her dick of a son.

"Don't worry about him you two, I'll go and sort him out. This stress will be doing nothing for you or the baby, it's just a lot for him to take in I suppose."

I unwrapped my arms from Anne and she looked up at me with red poufy eyes and mascara smudges underneath. She nodded at me and I wiped away the smudges.

"Thank you I'm sorry you had to see this darling it's these hormones." She blubbered and grabbed my hands in hers, I gave them a light squeeze before releasing them and walking to mine and Harry's shared room for the next few days.

Making my way up the stairs the fury and anger bubbled inside of me, how could he be so inconsiderate and rude towards his mother who had great news to share? She announced it with so much excitement and pride only to have it crushed when her son walked out of the room to throw a tantrum. Their family was still mourning over Jay and were probably scared of even thinking about having another child. This new baby was going to be their new start in life.

I didn't even bother to knock on the door before entering the room to find Harry lying down with his eyes closed and head propped up by his arms.

"What the hell was that?" His eyes snapped open and looked directly at mine before looking straight ahead of him.

"What?"

"That little stunt you played downstairs, your mother is heartbroken because of you."

"My little stunt what about her little stunt? Hmm? Welcome home Harry, I'm replacing your dead brother with a new baby let's play happy families and pretend Jay doesn't exist."

By now Harry had stood up and was now pacing the room threading his hand through his hair. I was livid my hands now balling into fists, how could he even think like that?

"Don't you even fucking dare say that Harry, you know your mother thinks the world of Jay and the last thing she would want to do would be to replace him."

"You don't know that."

"Yes I do, I can tell that your mother loves every single one of her children especially Jay and even though he isn't here anymore doesn't mean she doesn't still care or think about him. You completely over reacted back there."

"I have every right to be mad right now so don't be playing all fucking therapist and act like you know how my mother feels"

Okay now I was beyond pissed.

"Actually Harry I do know how your mother feels and she is distraught knowing that you stormed off like that at dinner, no congratulations or anything. It was inconsiderate and damn right rude. Your mother is pregnant with another child, she is not replacing Jay. Think yourself lucky that she has overcame her grief and actually thought about having another child. You are going to be a big brother again and this is going to go right for you all. Doesn't your mother and Rob deserve to be happy after all these years?"