Twenty- one: Daddy

Ava POV

My mum text me the following morning saying that her and my dad would be coming up at around lunch time, I thought it would be great to take them out for meal so that we could have a catch up especially with my father since I haven't seen or heard from him since I left last week. I had a great day planned I would show them the city and go shopping I was also hoping to show them where I worked since it was such a short walk from my apartment. I had only seen my mum last week but I was looking forward to seeing her again.

It was nearing the time I was expecting my parents to arrive and the butterflies in my stomach were rising knowing that I would be here soon, they would be able to see how my apartment looked now that it was fully furnished and decorated, the knocking on my door indicated that my parents were indeed here, I quickly scurried over to the door being careful that I don't spill my tea over myself and ruin my top I opened the door and a huge smile broke out onto my face I was so happy to see them

"Mum, Dad hi."

"Hiya kiddo, I've missed you." My dad walked into the apartment and engulfed me in a bone crushing hug it would be complete lies if I said I didn't miss him and his hugs, they were amazing.

"I've missed you so much dad you don't even know."

"I'm sure I do considering you haven't let me go yet." He said with a small chuckle, mum had already made her way into the kitchen and put the kettle on so that they could have a cup of tea, I had only been living here a week and she already knew how to make herself at home. Even though I do feel a lot more independent living here I still miss my mum doing things for me.

"Sorry dad it's just it's been a while, I've missed you and your hugs."

"I can see, sorry I couldn't come and help you last week I was so disappointed but you know who work is, once duty calls I've got to go."

"Yeah I know dad it understand don't worry about it, me and mum did a pretty good job at the moving without you anyways, you would have just been an extra pair of hands."

"Yeah if you say so Ava darling, you keep thinking that you and your mum done a good job." This was what I missed most, was the constant funny bickering and back and forth banter between the two of us, my dad isn't one of those stereotypical police officers that are moody all of the time and are constantly giving people wrong if they do something bad while he's off duty, he's a really fun guy.

"Hey mum dad."

"Yeah sweetie."

"Do you fancy maybe going to get a bite to eat at this little café in the city?"

"Ooh sure hun sounds nice, should we go now or do you want to wait a while?"

"We can go now if you want to, they have a special on now so if you want to save some money we'll go now."

"Yeah we'll go now hun, it won't save your father because he's still paying for it all, aren't you dear?"

"I see how it is, just using me for my money." I was envious of my mother and fathers relationship, they were able to joke with each other without it ending up having a heated argument, I hoped to have a realtionship like this in the future being full on love and affection not constant arguments and heartbreak

.......................

When we all arrived at the café I seen an open spot by the window in the corner which mean my parents were able to see the scenery of LA, when we sat down in the chairs my dad was quick enough to grab the menu and scan the possibilities of his lunch, soon enough the waiter came around and gave us a free cup of coffee each which we were quick enough to accept. Before the waiter came back to collect our orders I was explaining to my mother about the whole of LA and how after this I would show them more of the city, I knew my way around LA but I hadn't actually got the chance to visit it since I had work and college at the same time so again it was something to look forward to.