Forty- nine: Phone Calls

Lying in Harry's arms was becoming a regular occurrence within the past month, I was always content in his arms and loved sinking into his embrace while he traces shapes on my arm. I didn't think it was possible but my love for Harry grew each day. The little things he would whisper in my ear each time and if I fell asleep on the couch after a film or watching TV he would carry me into bed.

Every time we would end up cuddling I would always think about how happy I was with Harry and how great he treat me. I was a lucky girl and I know that I had made the right decision in trusting men again, it had taken me a while to do that but when Harry came along I automatically trusted him. I wondered if Harry knew how much he meant to me as much as I did to him, I barely told him but I hope that deep down he knew that he was the one for me. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him.

"You're awfully quiet, what's up?" I closed my eyes and shook my head.

"Nothing babe just thinking"

"Thinking about what?"

"Just you, and how much I love you. I know I don't tell you how much you mean to me but you know it right?" He chuckled lightly and placed a kiss onto my hair.

"Yeah I know babe."

"Good because I do."

"I know you do and you mean the world to me." My heart fluttered at his words, his voice and meaningful words would never leave my mind.

"I love you Harry I really do."

"I love you too babe" I leaned up and placed a kiss onto his lips.

Getting comfortable we continued to watch the movie that was playing in the background. I always enjoyed having days off with Harry and being able to snuggle on the couch just being comfortable in each other's presence with no words spoken just tucked up in each other's embrace.

"What have you got planned for Tuesday?"

"Nothing I don't think, why do you have something planned?" I asked

"Yeah I was hoping that you would join me for another date at my father's restaurant, he wants to meet you, same with Claire"

My heart fluttered again knowing that his father wanted to meet me. I felt guilty knowing that he hasn't met my parents properly he had only seen my mum and dad in the café for a split few seconds before dragging me away. I suppose it's a good thing that he hasn't met my father, I haven't exactly told him that my dad works for LAPD. I was always a bit apprehensive of telling him about that, would he be mad? Would he break up with me for not telling him? I mean I was practically putting him in danger.

"Ave?"

"Sorry- um yeah yeah I would love to come back to the restaurant, the meal was delicious."

"Great I'll tell my dad and we'll organise a time and things."

"Okay."

"I love you, I really do" He chuckled into my hair

"I know babe I know"

........................

Knowing that when I went to work the next day and not have Crystal in the booth in front was great When I came to work the day after I got sent home and James told me that she got sacked I was ecstatic. The bitch deserved everything that she got after what she put Harry through. James almost seemed sad that she was gone but I had never bothered to ask about it until now.

"Why were you so upset over Crystal getting sacked?"

"She was a nice girl" I scoffed at him. Nice, she was far from nice.

"You're kidding right?"

"Nope, she was great." Did he see a completely different person than what I did, because she was not a nice girl and she wasn't great. She almost ruined Harry's life and caused his family and pain. I can't believe that he was telling me this bullshit

"You can't be serious, did you not see the way she treat me?" It was his turn to scoff at me.

"Maybe you deserved it, you were probably being a bitch anyways. I know what you're like." My jaw dropped at James, he had never spoken to me in the way he just as throughout the 10 months I had been working at the firm. All because I could see through her bullshit and I was the only one to speak up for not only me but for my boyfriend and his family

"Excuse me? Don't speak to me like that James. You don't know what she was like or who she was."

"I do actually and I can speak to you how I like." The anger was boiling up even more through my veins with each word he spoke, my fists clenched and unclenched by my side as James just sat with a stone cold expression.

"Oh yeah? You know what she has put people through and how she has messed up people's lives?" I seethed at him

"Yeah and your pretty little boyfriend deserved it too, he fucked her up as well." His face turned to horror when he realised his slip up.

"How- how do you know Harry?" His shocked faced from before turned into smirk, my anger was growing every time, and how dare he bring Harry into this and think he can act all cocky about it.

"Please babe who doesn't know who Harry is, for all you know he's just pretending to be an innocent gang leader when he is far from it. You may want to re think your man choices because he isn't all that."

My anger was slowly turning into sadness and there was tears forming in my eyes at his hurtful words. What was he insinuating about Harry?

"Please, I do not need to re think my choices. Harry and I are happy together and he is not what he is made out to be."

"If you keep on being a naïve little girl and not seeing behind your boyfriends lies you will end up getting hurt. I wouldn't be surprised if he's banging some chick in your apartment, on your bed."

That was it that was what made me snap. Those spiteful and venomous words that left his mouth were enough to send me running out of the front door, leaving all but my phone and car and house keys as I sprinted out of the office. Angry tears streaming down my face as I ran to my car, fumbling to unlock the car and hurry back to my house. I trusted Harry I really did and I knew that he wouldn't cheat but James' words hit me like a tonne of bricks. The drive back to my apartment was a big blur due to the tears clouding my vision.

Killing off the engine I quickly got out of the car and scurried off to the lobby to wait for elevator to arrive. My nails were almost nubs by the time it arrived due to biting them off. I just needed to get to my apartment and block out the world. James words were still being replayed in my head and the tears just kept on coming and coming I was starting to find it hard to breath. I took a few deep breaths before the doors opened again and I felt like my knees were going buckle underneath me, written on my door in bold black letters.

'TOO LATE'

My heart rate quickened as I read over the words on my door over and over again for the past 10 minutes. What does too late mean. A million and one thoughts were running through my head, but I knew it had to be a member of Row. A buzzing in my pocket drew my tear filled eyes away from the threat wrote on my front door and with shaky hands I drew my phone out of my pocket to answer the call

"Hello" I was met with heavy breathing on the other side

"Hello Ken are you there?" Still nothing.

"I need to come over now, it's urgent." And with that I was met with the sounds of Kennedy hanging up the phone.

Sorry its rubbish and short, I was in a rush and I was struggling on what to write :(((( the drama is happening, I repeat the drama is happening. I am so excited to be writing these next few chapters hehe. I hope you enjoy them all

Vote

Comment

Follow

Jade x