Four: Furniture

After my brief encounter with Harry Styles, I couldn't help but replay the words he left in my head

"You know Ava, maybe next time you should watch where you're going, because you may bump into someone who isn't as forgiving as what I am, it dangerous out on these streets."

What could he possibly mean by that's, how is LA dangerous he was so calm and serious when he blurted out that statement. While speaking with him I found out that he lived just a couple of apartment's way from me with his friends that often stayed over. I was still yet to find out more about the wonderful and mysterious Harry Styles.

"Ooh Ava darling who was the little cutie you were talking to?" I blushed at the fact my mum caught me talking to Harry.

"Oh that was just Harry mum, he's living a few doors down with his friends."

"I bet he's nice, he seems nice enough."

"He is mum, he seems really nice, you know things in my life could really be looking good for once and I'm happy that I can eventually get on with my life and be happy."

"Not if you involve yourself with Harry you won't be happy." My snooty subconscious buts in again, fuck off will you.

"Everything ok sweetie?"

"Oh, uh yeah mum, let's just go and collect the furniture."

When I got to the lobby I glanced over at the walkway and a dark figure caught my eye, he was either staring directly at me or they just enjoyed staring at apartment complexes, he looked so creepy, all black everything, his hood was up so I couldn't see directly into their eyes but I could tell that they were glaring, they looked so familiar I just couldn't tell properly. Right when I was about to walk over and ask what they're problem was the moving truck pulled up in front of me drawing my gaze away from the dark and mysterious stranger, when I tried to look around the truck to see if the figure was still there, they were nowhere to be seen. Now if I wasn't intimidated before I am now.

"Hello are you Miss Ava Spark?"

"Yes that's me."

"Ok miss spark we have a delivery for a bed frame, mattress, dining table and chairs, television, sofa and fridge freezer, is this the correct order?"

"Yes it is thank you." I didn't tell my mother to order someone to install an oven in as the landlord already told me before I signed the lease that the previous owners would be leaving the oven installed, so I guess that's a win for me.

"Right so how do you want us to get the furniture up to your apartment?"

"There's an elevator over there or you can bring it up by using the stairwell through there."

"The elevator may be better for the bed frame, fridge, television and the table and chairs and the sofa and mattress will have to be carried up the stair well as it won't fit into the elevator."

"Ava honey why don't you go back up the apartment so you can get the door open for the lovely gentlemen to get into the house." My mother butted in before I even got a chance to form my next sentence.

"Yeah um sure, just give me a few minutes to get up there."

Once I unlocked the door to my apartment I waited for the moving men to bring up my furniture in the elevator, I smiled at the men when they arrived with it I honestly couldn't be happier with my mother's choice of furniture.

"If you just want to bring it into the living room." The fridge was the first piece of furniture to arrive.

"We'll just put the fridge in the gap for you, it's not hard to be able to install it yourself all you have to do it plug it into the wall then wait a few hours before you put food into it."

"Thank you so much I really appreciate it."

........

After 40 minutes we were finally done with the furniture, it was just a matter of time before I would have to drag my lazy ass off my new sofa so I could set up my new table and chairs. I hated the fact that I had to go into work tomorrow, I thought they would have at least let me have a couple of days to let me get accustomed to my new home, I mean I don't even have a wardrobe so I'm basically living out of my suitcase for the next few weeks before I can buy my own wardrobe with my first pay at the internship.

"C'mon Ava lets finish this drink then I'll be on my way home, are you sure you can manage with the table dear?"

"Yeah I'll be fine you can go, dad will be waiting for you." Honestly I just want to go to bed, it's been such a long day and it wouldn't help having to get up at 7am tomorrow to get ready for work, I'm just physically drained.

..........

"Right my dear, I'll be on my way, good luck for tomorrow sweetie I'm sure it will go great, text me when you get home and tell me about your day and what you were doing, here's $200 dollars to get you through the week before you get paid, treat yourself to a nice tea and a microwave in case your food gets cold, I love you so much darling I am so proud." My mother just couldn't stop showering me with kisses as she was getting ready to go into the car to go home, I'm going to miss her so much, going from seeing her every day to only being able to see her once or twice a month.

"Yes mum I know you've already told me, I'll be sure to tell you what happens tomorrow, I'll hopefully enjoy my day I love you too mum."

After we exchanged goodbyes I began to make my way up to my apartment that was until I caught a glimpse of that tall black figure from before, I could see them from the corner of my eye but as I turned around to see who it was they weren't there, what is with people these days. When I finally reached my apartment I made sure that everywhere was locked, the doors, windows you name it I was making myself feel as safe as possible, as I made my way into my bed I made sure to set my alarm for 6.30 am so that I was guaranteed to be awake in time, not long after I set the alarm I found myself drifting off into a comfortable slumber.

Two updates again because I really want to get started with the thickening of the plot towards the story, may update tomorrow depending on school work and if I get time to type it up.

Jade x