Twenty- eight: You're Gone

"Ava." I heard someone whispers as my eyes remained closed

"Babe c'mon wake up." They whispered again and my eyes fluttered open, I groaned and turned in the opposite of where the voice was and snuggled into the back of the couch.

"Avie I've got to go." My eyes snapped open and I immediately sat up, turning around to lunge at who I thought was Josh, I started hitting the person in the chest repeatedly telling them to get out of my house.

"Whoa whoa Ava babe it's Harry, it's only me calm down." I quickly halted my actions and instantly felt guilty as I had been punching Harry in the chest and not Josh.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry, I thought- I thought you were him. He used to call me that, I just- I'm sorry I didn't mean to."

"Shh babe it's fine, I shouldn't have called you that." He pushed a strand of hair out of my face and tucked it behind my ear as he cupped my face in which I leaned into his warm hand.

"You didn't know though, it's not your fault." I sighed

"Moving on I was waking you up to tell you that I had to go back now but if I would've known that you were going to go all Rocky on my ass I wouldn't have bothered." He sent me a small smile and I pushed his chest.

"Hey watch it, I'm still recovering from your previous injuries."

"Keep yourself going Styles."

Grabbing his jacket from the couch he made his way over to my front door before leaving he gave me a quick hug.

"I'll see you later, babe goodnight." He pecked my cheek before leaving my apartment

"Bye Haz." And with that he was gone and I had disappeared behind my door.

................

I hadn't heard nor seen Harry in the past 5 days and worried was an understatement as to what I was currently feeling, he wasn't answering my texts or calls and I had even resorted to phoning Niall and Louis but they weren't answering either, call me a clingy girlfriend but what else was I meant to do, just sit at home and not worry about the fact my boyfriend has been missing for 5 days and isn't answering my texts or calls.

When I arrived into work on Monday Perrie was nowhere to be seen and her desk was completely empty, had she been moved to a different department, I had to find out what was going on and soon.

"Psst James." He popped his head up from his space and met his gaze with mine which caused me to giggle.

"S'up Avery."

"It's Ava asshole"

"I know just wondering how that nickname would carry out, obviously not very well considering the reaction."

"Yeah how did you know?" I rolled my eyes

"Back to the subject, do you know where Perrie has gone?"

"Oh um yeah, she left you this, just a sec." He bowed his head down while he rummaged through his draws in his desk for whatever it was that Perrie had gave him.

"Here you go." He passed a letter over the conjoined offices, I grabbed the letter mumbling a quick thank you before placing it on my desk, I contemplated opening it or not but my mind decided otherwise and I found myself ripping open the envelope and pulling out a letter, opening up the letter I started to read.

Ava,

Hello dear, I'm so sorry I couldn't say goodbye in person but something came up and me, Zayn and Jake have had to leave the country due to complicated circumstances. Like I said I couldn't say goodbye in person since we were in such a rush, I know we've only known each other a few weeks but it feels like we've been friends for ages and honestly I wouldn't change it for the world, Jake says he's going to miss you loads even though he only met you a few times but he's like me, he gets easily attached. Zayn tells me to tell you to take care of yourself and take care of Harry because I know about you two cuties being together, it was a matter of time before you two got together and I'm quite glad at that.