Twenty- four: Haunted Past

Just a warning this chapter contains talks about abuse but there isnt much detail, its really only about Ava's past with Josh her ex, so if you dont enjoy reading about abuse I apologize in advance but dont say I didnt warn you if you dont like whats said.

"So you haven't told me how exactly you got my phone number." That question had been running through my head ever since Harry first text me and I was determined to find out how he got it and who gave him it.

"Kennedy gave me it the other day, it took some persuading but I eventually got it, I knew that I would have to get in touch with you sooner than later." I knew it would've been her

"That bitch, I swear to god next time I see her." Harry beamed at my statement showing his perfectly white teeth, he found amusement in literally everything bad that had happened in my life.

"This isn't funny, I didn't want you having my number unless it was given to you by me."

"So you were going to give me your number?"

"Yes eventually but you never asked."

"Touché"

Our meals has shortly arrived afterwards and all of a sudden there was utter silence in our designated booth as the only thing that could be heard was the faint chat of customers remaining in the restaurant and the sound of the silverware banging off of our plates as we ate the meal.

The booth that me and Harry were sitting in was great, the way the room was lightly dimmed and candles were burning sending the sweet smell of vanilla shooting up my nostrils, I couldn't help but breath in the essence, I was surprised I wasn't high off of the fumes. The sound of mellow blues music filled my ears after many moments of silence between me and Harry, we really needed to make more conversation with each other. Harry cleared his throat before speaking up again.

"You know for a first date we really aren't getting to know each other very well are we?"

"That we are not."

"Since we already know what both of our jobs are, I want to know what made you move into the apartment complex."

"Mostly because of my job at Hamptons publishing, the company is closer to college than what my actual home is so I decided to move in there, but also so I could get away from bad memories of where I previously lived with my parents."

"If you don't mind me asking what bad memories did you have to get away from?" I knew this was going to happen soon, him wanting to find out about Josh and I's relationship, I knew that by mentioning moving because of the bad memories that lurked over at home would set Harry off into questioning me about it, I took a depth breath before telling Harry a boy I had only just met a few weeks back basically my whole private and torturous relationship with Josh.

"Well to start I was in this relationship with a boy a few years ago and the first 2 years were the happiest days and years of my life, I was treated like a princess being treat with respect and treat like the girl I was meant to be, the first two years into the relationship were complete and utter bliss and we had eventually moved in with each other." I looked up from my fingers as I was picking at the skin around it, Harrys face had somewhat softened and he seemed less nervous perhaps, looking into my eyes as if completing understanding where I may be going with the story.

"Into our three year relationship mark, he would go off on some nights with friends which I thought was completely harmless night of drinking but was I wrong, the nights of drinking and partying became more frequent and all of a sudden I was out of the picture, he would never pay attention to me before he would go out or even when he came in, I would stay up all night waiting for him to show up which ended up him walking through the door to the apartment at sometimes 3am. One night I had finally had enough and I snapped and we argued for hours, I was just glad he was sober the first time we argued, these nights occurred more often and we had more arguments than ever it broke my heart seeing him throw his life away on alcohol and the excessive amounts of partying, he even got into drugs. He had eventually stopped the partying for only a few short weeks before the abuse started."

I could feel the lump forming in my throat, I knew I would get upset talking about this I mean who wouldn't? I hadn't exactly spoke about the events of mine and Josh's relationship in months, I took a sip from my glass of water before continuing again, Harry still listening closely and taking in every word I was saying while rubbing my knuckles.

"Again he would come home at stupid times in the morning but this time it was worse when he came home, he would get angry and ended up hurting me in so many ways, he had what you called a short fuse, everything I said would make him become more angry and he would hit me till I was black and blue, he even had a knife to my neck when I wouldn't have sex with him. But of course me being the naïve girl I was wouldn't leave him and I hate myself for it, not being able to see past the love I had for him and realise that he was killing me both physically and emotionally, over many weeks the abuse got worse and the abusive words were rolling off his tongue. He eventually broke me and managed to send me into depression. When my parents found out that this was all happening the demanded for me to come back home and so I did, but I had soon went back to him after constant calls and text messages off him begging for me to take him back, the text that sent me back to him was one where he said he was going to kill himself as he couldn't live without me, but how stupid was I though running back to him, it had only made the situation worse and that resulted into him blowing up on me because he was shown a picture of me and Liam really close a few years back before me and him had got together, he came in that night shouting and screaming and I didn't know what to do because I was still fragile and recovering from the depression I had previously suffered. One thing led to another and I had found myself being dragged up the stairs into our room and."

That was it that was the statement that pushed me over the edge the tears that were threatening to spill had completely overflowed and I had turned into an emotional wreck, the warm tears trickling down my cheek. I heard the shuffling sound movement of someone but before I had time to look up to see if it was Harry I was engulfed into a hug, the soothing sounds of Harry trying to calm me down by whispering sweet nothings in my ear,the feeling of him holding me feeling safe in the comfort of Harry's arms which I am grateful for, him being able to comfort me in this booth was enough to make me calm down after a few short minutes, I had eventually raised my head from his chest observing the wet tear marks and the black mascara marks on his t- shirt, I looked into his eyes before bringing my lips to his, the spark has returned again as our lips moved together as Harry bringing his hand to cup my cheek to wipe away any stray tears that hadn't left my face. I pulled away from Harry breathless as was he and then he leaned his forehead on mine with his eyes firmly shut.

"I would never treat you that way, I would never hurt you the way he did."

"I know."

Even though we aren't anything official I knew at the back of my mind that Harry would make me forget about all of the bad times between me and Josh, he would be able to pick me up when I was down, the fact of me knowing about him being Caged leader couldn't even change the way I felt about Harry, he was simply perfect and I knew that he was the one I wanted to be with.

Oh and I also apologize for any typos that have occured throughout the story and for the many more to come because whats a story without any typos eh?

Vote

Comment

Follow

Share

Enjoy

Jade x