Six: Meet and Greet

Did I just hear correctly, my ears aren't deceiving me Liam works here?

"Ava is that really you?" Liam was the first to speak up, I honestly didn't know what to think of this, it's been years since I've seen his cute face around town.

"Oh do you two know each other already."

"Yeah Jonah, Ava's from my hometown and we used to go to college before I went back to England, it's so great to see you again." Liam beamed, seriously his smile was to die for I can't actually believe I'm working with Liam it's such a small world.

"Well that's great, it's less of a job for me to do, I don't need to introduce you to each other. Right Liam if you would like the lovely Ava away with you, you can show here around the office and take her to her office block, maybe introduce her to some people so she has at least some more friends around the workplace, make her feels as comfortable as possible I've only just got her please don't make anyone scare her away."

"Sure Jonah."

"Have a good first day Ava I hope everyone is good, don't worry about anything it's not as scary as it looks."

"I will Jonah, thank you very much." And with that the next thing I knew what that I was being dragged out of Jonah's office and brought into Liam's arms for an uncomfortable bone crushing hug.

"I'm so glad you're here Ava, I've missed you so much." I was really struggling to break from his death defying hug, I felt like I would puncture a lung at any minute.

"I've missed you too Liam is there where you've been all this time, I thought you went back to England?"

"I did but I got a job at a publishing company down there, but then they transferred me back to LA you could say I've had a rough 3 years." Trust me you don't know the meaning of it.

Liam must have noticed the change in my expression as he was quick to change the topic

"Forget I mentioned anything, so how have you been well apart from everything's that has happened between... yeah I'm just going to zip my lips up now."

"Honestly Liam its fine, I'm fine my life's never been better."

"That's great to here, are you still studying creative writing?"

"Yeah I am, currently doing my second year of college now I just need to juggle work and my college studies."

"Oh Ava I'm telling you, you don't know how good it is to see you've finally moved on and changed your life around, it's a great thing to witness." I was so caught up in our conversation that I didn't even realize we had nearly reached where I was meant to be working.

"Well here we are, this will be your office block, you will be sharing with a few others which I'm sure you'll get along with them fine."

"Oi Payno what you doing in this block, go away you don't belong over in this section."

"That's James, he's what you could call the 'class clown' of the block, James this is Ava she's the new girl please play nice and make sure she settles in yeah?"

"Yeah yeah whatever Payno, I'll take good care of her, nice to meet you Ava."

"You too James." If everyone is just as nice as what James is I think I'll like it here a lot better than I predicted. Just as Liam started walking again a blonde girl about my age stepped in front of Liam and prevented him from moving any further. She was gorgeous like full on model material, bright blue eyes which were to die for, with an average amount of make up on, when she arrived she greeted me with a handshake.

"You must be the newbie, I'm Perrie and I'll be working in the office with you."

"Ava. Ava Spark"

"Well Ava, Ava Spark." She chuckled "it's a pleasure to meet you, ok Payno you can leave now your work here is done, I'll take over now."

"But I haven't even introduced her to everyone though Per Per." Liam was so cute when he was whining his face was scrunched up it was adorable.

"Nope now piss off Liam you took too long, anyways I'm sure Ava here was getting bored of your monotone voice, she needs someone more livelily to speak to." Liam and Perrie continued to bicker and banter between each other for a good five minutes before Liam decided he had enough and ended up flipping Perrie off before walking away from us.

"Ava I'll see you at lunch, duty calls and I can tell I'm pushing my luck with being over here in this office block."

"Bye Liam thanks again.

"No problem babe, catch you later." He winked at me before going back to work.

"So Ava you and Liam seem very friendly, do you know each other or is he already working his charms on you already?"

"No no me and Liam go way back, we've known each other since we were little because we lived in the same street, we both come from England you see, but Liam and his family moved away about 8 years ago to LA, we still kept in touch. My dad got transferred to LAPD about 5 years ago so we had to relocate over here and I managed to end up in the same class as Liam for college, its mad how it all ended up."

Perrie watched in awe as I talked to her about my life at home minus the details about Josh, I may trust her enough already to spill about my hometown and life back home but I'm not ready to talk about him to her just yet.

Perrie also talked about her life and where she grew up, she also spoke in adoration towards her boyfriend Zayn, and she couldn't stop beaming every time she mentioned his name she told me that he was currently working as a computer whizz or something that she can't pronounce the name of. Perrie is an all-round great girl and I can tell that me and her are going to get on great.

Last update for now, enjoy.

Jade x