"Nothing," they stated as they rolled over. "Nothing would happen. He loves Luke. End of story."

Aiden wrapped his arms around Blue, snuggling into their back. He knew they would never admit it, but he knew a part of them was holding onto some hope that Andrew possibly was over Luke. Sometimes a kiss screwed a person over more than the other may realize.

^^^

Andrew's head perked up towards the door the moment he saw it open. Witnessing Blue drag their feet into the apartment, he noticed their disheveled state, almost as though they had a walk of shame. Their tousled hair rested like a bird's nest on top of their head, and bags hung their eyes. They seemed to walk as though they were experiencing back pain, something he knew all too well from the countless nights he had fallen asleep on his keyboard.

Placing his coffee mug on the counter, he walked up to Blue and placed a hand on their back. Instantly, they tensed up, and Andrew suppressed his sigh. They always grew anxious when he touched them, but never in discomfort. It always seemed to be confusion based on their face, and they never pushed him off. The moment they showed any sign of resentment, he would instantly let them go.

"Where were you all night?" he murmured as he massaged his fingers against their spine.

A moan of pleasure slipped past their lips, and they shifted so he would continue to massage their back. "I was at the clubhouse. I told you."

"All night?"

"We spend a lot of nights there."

"That was Aiden who was replying for you, right?" he chuckled.

They panicked. "How did you-"

"Each character has their own voice. You two may be great friends, but the two of you still talk different compared to one another."

"How?"

"You tend to use more formal, complete sentences. He seems to talk in broken English, text conversation lingo. Thank heavens he doesn't use text lingo in real life," he exhaled.

Blue chuckled. "Yeah, it took forever to have him quit saying BRB and TTYL."

Andrew let out a soft chuckle as well before he leaned down and pressed a kiss to the nape of their neck. Inhaling a sharp breath, Blue quickly escaped his arms, and he instantly dropped them to his side. "You need to stop doing that," they demanded as they rubbed the spot he kissed.

"Stop what-"

"Don't play dumb," they snapped, taking Andrew back. "The kissing and touching. You need to stop it." They were words they didn't want to say, but it was growing to be too much. It was clear after last night that Blue needed to cut him off, even though it wasn't what they wanted. They craved those fingers, but it was not healthy to bask in the illusion of Andrew being over Luke. There was no way it wasn't true.

Heartbreak was all Andrew could feel. Though he did not want to cause them to feel uncomfortable in any way, it was difficult to agree. He wanted to hold them, touch them, love them. They may not have realized it, but there were no empty feelings behind his actions. He cared about them, loved them. He wanted to show them, and he was terrified there was an uncrossable bridge between them.

"Okay," he whispered.

Blue hated it, but they knew it was for the best. A part of them did wish that he would have argued, even if it was just a little bit, for him to continue to touch them, but it wouldn't have been healthy to argue over it. He was being respectful by agreeing, and despite wanting him to kiss them on the lips over and over again, they had to move on. If that meant never feeling that innocent love again, it was better than basking in the arms of a man who was in love with their brother.

When they knew he wouldn't say anything else on the subject, they turned around to head upstairs to their room.

"Just text me next time yourself so I know you're safe," he demanded. That was one thing he would not argue over. "I was up all night waiting for you to come home, because I was worried about you. Just be the one to tell me next time, okay?"

There it was. The burden they didn't want to be. Andrew needed that precious sleep to keep his mind sane for when he wrote his books, magazine articles and everything else. He needed sleep, and because of them, he didn't get it. There was no telling if it would ever happen again, but they couldn't promise what could easily be broken.

"I'll try," they assured.

"Please, Blue, I need you to promise me."

"I can't." Glaring at him, they explained, "I am out at crazy times in the middle of the night. I am always out and about, and I tend to fall asleep at my friends' houses or at the clubhouse. I once spent the night in the music room at my high school, and Luke knew I was at least safe because one of my friends would always be there to assure him that everything was alright. I may not always be the one to text you or call you or whatever, but I can promise you that I will try to text you if I can."

"It's not enough."

"Well, it has to be!" they snapped. "I know I'm living under your roof, but I can easily move out so I won't be a problem for you. I'm not your child or your sibling or anything. You don't have to keep some...morality over me or anything. I can manage fine."

"This is my house, though, and I need to know you're safe."

"Why? Because Luke's my brother? We get it, Andrew, you're in love with him," they spat. "That's all the more reason why you should stop your...your...flirtatious antics with me."

"Blue, I-"

His phone rang a specific ringtone. Digging his hand into his pocket, he pulled it out to spot Luke's name flashing across the screen.

"There," they stated. "Perfect example."

Running the rest of the way upstairs, they slammed their bedroom door shut. Luke probably called to ask about the move and how the two were doing living together. Andrew would most likely be excited and talk with the man for hours, and Blue did not want to hear any of it.

Andrew was in love with Luke, and that was that.

Please vote, comment, and share if you are enjoying the book so far!