Chapter XXXV: Summer Fun.

Start from the beginning

"What're you making?" I sighed in defeat.

"Your second favorite; oatmeal. And I'm making it the fancy way because you deserve it." She had a stern tone coating her voice while she stood on her tippy toes trying to reach the pots. 

"What's the fancy way?" I chuckled at her randomness.

"Well, It's going on the stove... If I can reach the pots." She grunted, still failing to reach the middle of the cabinet, aka where the pots were. 

"Can you help me?" She put her hands on her hips and turned around with her eyebrows furrowed. 

"Customer service is on its way." 

"You've been hanging around Louis way too much." She giggled, noticing his personality starting to rub off on me.

"Well, we have been best friends since we were like... 14. Its been 10 years. " I shrugged my shoulders.

"I kinda like it... " She watched me walk from the couch to toward her with a smile. 

"Ew, why?" I cringed at the thought of me becoming a Louis 2.0.

"I don't know, but it makes me smile."

"Clem, wait, it's too hot for oatmeal. Just thinking about it makes me sweat. It's like 95 degrees outside." 

"Pancakes and bacon?"

"YES. I fucking love your pancakes."

"What about my bacon?" Clem fake pouted. 

"No shade toward the bacon. It's equally delicious."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Vi?" Clem turned around from the pancakes that were cooking.

"Yeah?" I replied, looking up from my phone. 

"Do you think we should tell our friends? It's been a year going on two."

"It's been that long? Shit."

"Don't avoid the question." She flipped the pancake with a chuckle.

"Alright... Well um, If you're ready, then we can tell them. Louis is just gonna tease us endlessly." 

"He's gonna get kicked in his balls every single time." 

"Let's tell them!"  

"Do you wanna tell them in person, or..." Clem started another topic.

"In person. I want you to kick Louis in the balls and it's been long enough... and I'm sorry if you didn't wanna hold it back for that long... I know you would have rathered to tell them sooner." I got more serious toward the end, taking her feelings into consideration.

"I know but, it didn't make me uncomfortable. It was fun keeping it a secret." She basically forgave me without saying she forgives me. 

"What time are we meeting up with them?" I looked back up from my phone again while texting Louis.

"Two works for us. We don't have any plans." She shrugged her shoulders, putting the pancakes and bacon on the plate.

-------------------

Piano Bitch: what time are yall coming?                                     12:53

Piano Bitch: Hellooooo?                                                                     12:56

Me: We'll be there at 2.                                                                        12:57