|| SIXTY-TWO ||

"Shame we have to vote for Andrews now, huh?" Sweet Pea joked while he and Lauryn stood in the queue for the ballots. She tutted, rolling her eyes, and he elbowed her with a chuckle. "I was kidding, Angel Face. Why the face?"

Lauryn folded her arms, letting out a sigh. "I'm tired, I'm in pain, and I want to cry."

He draped his arm around her, kissing her temple. "I'll give you a ride home after this, sound good?"

She nodded. "You're coming back to school after?"

"Basketball game. Toni will record it for you."

"I almost forgot about that," a voice spoke from behind them in the line, and they turned their heads to see Josie grinning at them. "Us Vixens can't wait to see you play, Sweet Pea."

Lauryn narrowed her eyes, sensing some odd vibes from the girl, although she wasn't sure if they came from her hormonal breakdown which was giving her the urge to commit arson. She cleared her throat.

Sweet Pea chortled awkwardly. "Uh, thanks, Josie."

Lauryn turned back around, closing her eyes for a second to contain herself as she counted to ten in her head. Sweet Pea frowned. "Hey. Use your words. You don't like her?"

"It's not that," she shrugged. "Man, I don't even know. I just wanna get this done and go home."

"What's gotten into you?"

She scowled up at him, feeling humiliated. "Don't."

"Okay, Angel Face," he agreed, knowing she didn't want to speak anymore. "It's all good."

Once the voting was finally over, they got outside of the school where it was getting warmer. Sweet Pea lit a cigarette, letting Lauryn take one puff after eyeing it up. Their phones both beeped, and they checked them in sync.

"Serpent gathering on the riverbanks?" Sweet Pea questioned, raising a brow. "Must be something serious."

"Shall we?" Lauryn asked. 

"Are you up for it?" he responded, and she gave a nod.

"Let's get the baby first."

What was left of the gang gathered together on the same riverbanks the Serpents had been initiated on years, and anticipation grew amongst them as they waited for FP to reveal the announcements they were promised. 

Fangs limped his way over to where Lauryn and Sweet Pea were standing, and his sister side-hugged him gently, the baby in her other hand. "It's nice to see you up and about."

"It's nice to be out of the trailer," he said, smiling down at Courtney. "I love her so much. She has the family nose."

"Damn it," Sweet Pea joked, and she nudged him. "Ouch. Yeah, Lauryn's a bit explosive today."

"Can you blame me?" she raised her brow, and he shook his head, pecking her on the cheek.

"Nope."

"So, this is the infamous baby Pea," Jughead interrupted, striding over to them. "I don't believe I've had the pleasure as yet. Courtney, is it?"

Lauryn laughed, nodding. "Yeah."

"My God," FP added on as he appeared behind his son, clasping him by the shoulders. "Has she grown already?"

"She's gonna have Sweet Pea's height, clearly," Fangs teased. "I still can't believe she's yours, Lauryn."

"Well, I didn't find her on the street," his sister said, making them all laugh. "What's all this about, FP?"