|| FIFTY-NINE ||

"Bumblebee!" Toni screamed, holding the doors of the Wyrm open for Lauryn and Sweet Pea to walk through, scanning over every Serpent gathered in the bar whose attention they'd caught. "Where's Bumblebee?!"

"What's going on?!" the woman asked from the top of the stairs, her stomach twisting as she saw Lauryn with them. "Where's FP?!"

"We need help!" Sweet Pea begged, his voice ripping his throat raw. Bumblebee ran down the stairs, rushing her way over in distortion. "Her water broke, there was no time to get to the hospital."

"Can you deliver the baby?" Toni asked her hopefully, her hand squeezing Cheryl's nervously. "We're all out of options here."

Bumblebee thought for a second, analysing the teenagers before finding herself without any other choice. "Yes. Get her upstairs, now."

"I can't," Lauryn cried as the pain grew almost too extreme for her to remain on her feet, and Sweet Pea shushed her soothingly, which was also an attempt at calming himself down.

"Just a few stairs, okay?" he reassured her as they began walking, keeping his arms out for her to grip onto. "Take your time, just breathe."

Bumblebee threw around every cushion and blanket in the office, Toni helping her to lay them out on the floor. They finally made it upstairs, and Bumblebee pointed at the wooden floor. "Sit her down."

"This is insane," Lauryn heaved as Sweet Pea gently pulled her jacket down her shoulders, and she stepped out of her boots. "I can't do this."

"You have to," he told her bluntly, lowering her to the floor where she sat with her back against the front of the couch. "I'm right here, okay?"

"No, no," she sobbed, watching as Bumblebee lowered to her knees by her feet, rolling up her sleeves. "I wanna go home. I want this to be over!"

"Toni, Blossom," Bumblebee began to the two girls who were standing in the doorway. "I need hot water and towels, there's a bucket behind the bar. Also, get me a bottle of something, vodka, anything with a high percentage. Don't forget scissors. Go now."

The girls nodded, hurrying their way out. Bumblebee pursed her lips together. "Lauryn, I need you to let me see whether you're fully dilated, okay?"

Angel Face shook her head hysterically. "No, this is ridiculous! It's not happening! I need a doctor or--"

"Bumblebee is the best person for the job," Sweet Pea comforted, stroking her already sweat-coated forehead from where he was knelt by her. "You gotta do this. There's no time."

Reluctant but knowing he was right, Lauryn undid the buckle of her jeans after a while of fiddling with it as she couldn't keep her hands still.

"There's still some time," Bumblebee told them. "But, making it across town now would be too risky. Lauryn, you're going to have to have it right here."

"Damn it," Lauryn spat, tilting her head back as agony shot down her body once again. "Fuck it, just do what you need to do!"

"Pass me that blanket, Sweet Pea," Bumblebee ordered, pointing at the grey blanket which was laid on the couch behind him. He handed it to her, helping her to unfold it halfway and lay it over Lauryn's lap. "Almost all set, sweetheart."

"I'm so scared," she breathed, hardly able to shape the words. Sweet Pea reached over to kiss her on the cheek, tying back her hair for her. "It hurts so bad."

"I know," he comforted, continuing to rub her head. "Hey, think how proud Fangs would be of you right now."

Her face crumbled at the sound of his name. She had almost forgotten and covered her eyes as tears escaped her eyes. Sweet Pea took off his jacket, tucking an arm around her shoulders which she could lean her neck against as well.